JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$600
Manufacturer
Springfield Armory
Caliber
30-06 Springfield
City
Elma
State
Washington
Zip Code
I dont know a whole about it, I have had it about 5 years. It is a Springfield and the serial number starts with 57 which dates it 1914. It has a hatcher hole on the side of the receiver and a B2 marked bolt which were usually things the usmc did their rifles but the barrel isnt marked. Its a rebuild of some sort but im not sure. The stock seems to be in really good condition and has a few spots with cartouches present on it. The bore is really good on it. Barrel is marked RA 7-44. Rifle must be picked up in newport or shipped if buyer is willing to pay for it. My father recently got out of the hospital and making road trips is basically out of the question. Price includes the transfer. The only trades i might interested in is other US manufactured military surplus rifles, a WWII 1911 or Japanese swords. More pictures can be texted on request. Just message me your number.

IMG_20200708_154532592.jpg IMG_20200708_154635403.jpg IMG_20200708_154703571.jpg IMG_20200708_154644509.jpg IMG_20200708_154559105.jpg IMG_20200708_154652687.jpg IMG_20200708_154627465.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Interesting rifle for certain but its not a military overhaul, that is an Remington 03A3 two groove barrel and hand guard . Makes me think this gun was put together from parts by someone outside the military . A military overhaul would have had the rear sight collar installed on the barrel and a standard 03 hand guard installed. That appears to be a Williams receiver sight.

I believe a 1914 would have come with a finger grooved stock. Also that receiver would be a low number and owners are cautioned not to shoot them due to the chance of improper heat treatment. Collector item only.

I believe a 1914 would have come with a finger grooved stock. Also that receiver would be a low number and owners are cautioned not to shoot them due to the chance of improper heat treatment. Collector item only.
80% correct there not safe to shoot with modern full loads. m1 grand loads work fine, and most factory Remington loads.
what interests me is what barrel is on the girl sense she is a parts gun. could be a nice a3 barrel.
might be worth making into a repo a3 sniper clone

80% correct there not safe to shoot with modern full loads. m1 grand loads work fine, and most factory Remington loads.
what interests me is what barrel is on the girl sense she is a parts gun. could be a nice a3 barrel.
might be worth making into a repo a3 sniper clone

not going to argue I'm not your mommy just telling you what has been the accepted rule since the 1920's

for one not wanting to argue that was As passive aggressive as 2 women at a K mart trying to race to the blue light special.
Like I said your information is not fully incorrect, But people have experimented and figured out what are the tolerances on the barrel.
Like Remington's researching department for ammunition.

A classified sales ad is not the place to discuss the merits of shooting a "Low Number" 03 Springfield....
As well as..
Whether or not this is a armory re-build or put together parts rifle.
Those discussions are best left to an actual thread or PM.

Lets not clutter up a sales ad , thank you.
Andy

In the past I have had & seen Many Many Pre 800,00 SN SA '03s sporterized LONG ago, used by hunters w/ Whatever ammo & they worked just fine...
Many Were Rebuilt by the Military & put back into service...

Out of 800,000 from SA there is a total of abt 28 cases involving failure of some kind,
& IIRC only 3 or 4 had to do w/ JUST the Receiver & still some Extenuating & Mitigating circumstances.

There was a post on the NET where somebody told a story from a friend who had an uncle who had a horse that knocked his early '03 over & the rcvr shattered liks Tempered Glass.....:eek:

So, that being said, and because of a group called Attorneys who Sue over anything, watch Out n Be Careful...:D:rolleyes:o_O

This rifle is worth more in parts than the OP is asking for it...

GLWS!!! :):);)

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top