Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Low Price Guns
J&B Firearm Sales
Sporting Systems
Oregon Rifleworks
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Gun Deals
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Springfield 1873

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
For the info. 1884 models had a thicker hinged breech block, and Fully adjustable Buffington rear sight, and also serated triggers. That's a model 1873 you have. I've got a book on Trapdoors for reference.

Last edited:
OP
M
Reactions
Yes sir, I have it listed as a model 1873. This 1873 was manufactured during the year 1883 according to the serial number 223816. All original

Reactions: AMT
Reactions
The reason I posted was you listed it as manufactured in 1884 .

"Springfield 1873 trapdoor. Serial number puts date of manufacture during 1884. All mechanicals function"
$850 obo

Reactions
Yep no problem. I have 3 of them. A 1884 west point Cadry model in 45-70 with bayonet, an 1868 Allen conversion model from 58 cal Springfield muzzle loader to 50-70 breechloader, and an H&R Little Bighorn Commemorative carbine model like new in 45-70, they are fun to shoot and a nostalgic piece of American history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I brought Tim a henry goldenboy youth and a vision of what I wanted. Tim made it come true at a very reasonable price, while others quoted me way...
    • Iceman04503
  • Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim, has done several projects including a sweet 1911 .38 super project
    • Qochoc
  • Mary's Pistols
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic small business with equally excellent folks running the place. I was given fair value for a trade in and was able to order something I...
    • Red98422
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I have now purchased 2 Safe’s and constantly recommend people go here. You get better quality than the other liberty safes made for places like...
    • Motojohonda

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online