JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wanted to put together a nice 1911 as a gift for my nephew who is currently deployed on his fourth tour in Afghanistan. I started with a nice parkerized Springfield Loaded that I picked up from kindly forum member. I wanted to do as much of the work myself as possible to show my appreciation for his years of service to this country. Well I am done with it and I think it came out rather well. I even managed to picked some new skills along the way. I am going to build another one as soon as I can pick up another base gun and see if I can expand my meager 1911 skill set... Got another nephew that just joined the marines as well and will be heading off to basic training after graduation. Kinda of Ironic that I got this back from the coaters on Veterans day weekend. I know that when my nephew will be blown away when he returns from Afghanistan.

I fitted and installed/fitted the following after i completely stripped it down and cleaned everything.

Ed Brown Ambi safety
Ed Brown hard core slide stop
Fusion Magwell
Fusion trigger
Ed brown over sized Bushing.
New Night sights.
New springs throughout.

Trigger I had smoothed and reduced to a nice and crisp 4.5Lbs by a local gunsmith, This is beyond my current skills and since my nephew will likely carry this during active duty. I did not want to mess with it.

Grips are custom Larry Davidson's with his USMC unit logo, Finish is Norrels Gray Green over SOCOM flat black. The camera flash made the black a little more glossy than is really is.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top