JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went for a short walk during the lunch hour and it kind of felt like Spring in the air. I got to thinking about plans, firearms/outdoors or otherwise, for when the weather clears. Granted, knowing Oregon weather, that may be still some time off.

Do you have any shooting, hunting, or fun plans for the coming Springtime? :)

Fishing, lots of fishing. However I'm waiting to buy my "river license" until I hear good reports of salmon. Otherwise it will all be jetty fishing, and lakes for bass and crappie. Thanks to Timbertod I don't have to go east of the cascades to get into some good crappie water anymore. :)
Otherwise I'm going to try to get to some skeet ranges regularly. I'd like to get well enough practiced to buy a hunting license next year.
Otherwise i'll likely be at work.

Double verify zero with 17hmr and CCI vmax.

Hunt more squirrel and rabbit.

Get at least one or two coyote trips on the books.

I've got snow forecast for the weekend. Then yardwork. Then working out of the country for a couple weeks. So hopefully spring will be here when I get back. There's a few winter projects that need to be tested and zeroed.

Get some AK74s. An alpha clone, krink, standard. Finish my FAL build.

Build the AR the way it should be once the PSA KS-74 is released (need the lower to use 5.56 AK mags), the brownells AR-180 upper is released, and either pdw or sidefolder on it.

After that, start saving money to buy a new to me pickup.

I want to explore nature and admire its furry critters and clear streams full of beautiful fish.

And kill them.

Spring? Finally winter over here!

Just planning on doing the same old thing as every Spring; hiking, morel mushroom hunting, fishing, exploring the woods, and staying at the cabin.

I have to go to a wedding in Federal Way in April, so will have to prepare myself mentally for that urban mess.

Spring? Finally winter over here!

Just planning on doing the same old thing as every Spring; hiking, morel mushroom hunting, fishing, exploring the woods, and staying at the cabin.

I have to go to a wedding in Federal Way in April, so will have to prepare myself mentally for that urban mess.
At least there's a sportsmans warehouse there. ;)

Gonna make a little heater for the feline entertainment center to keep it from freezing...thawed it out today, mixed up some fresh warm nectar and put it back outside and it has been keeping the feline quite entertained today lol
20190206_163955_HDR.jpg

Planting the edible fence (blueberries, grapes) in the front of the house. Need to plant some more and get the rest of my garden plants started for the year.

Have a few more indoor garden lights bars I need to finish making for the indoor veggies.

More outside stuff needing done like some irrigation layouts, bark for the areas around the lavenders etc.

Cutting brush and maples, trimming up trees, spreading poo and tilling the garden, working on the range and partaking in some seriously entertaining rat shoots with some good buds (friends) among other things......

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top