JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, noticed a Yellow Jacket or two in a couple HVAC machines on roofs in the Portland Metro area recently. Funny how there's always one or two who hang on all winter just to start a new hatch for the spring. Soon, there'll be a whole new nest to deal with!

Actually, Yellow Jackets don't give a rip about you messing near their domain (as long as you're not destroying their nest). They just fly around close to your face and act like they care, but in reality, they don't attack. Kind of mellow fellows. Whimps! I shoot them down with a focused shot of Bee spray. I'm a pretty good shot with a can of 'Whoop bubblegum'!

I trimmed some shrubs back as they are turnin green and budding. Feels good.
But, I doubt that it will last.
Then again, maybe things can thaw out for some time in the woods on the KTM...

It's not officially spring until the buzzards return! ;)
I think they were back on the 3rd.

47541565712_ddb08f6885_o_1580520003421.jpg

Yeah, noticed a Yellow Jacket or two in a couple HVAC machines on roofs in the Portland Metro area recently. Funny how there's always one or two who hang on all winter just to start a new hatch for the spring. Soon, there'll be a whole new nest to deal with!

Actually, Yellow Jackets don't give a rip about you messing near their domain (as long as you're not destroying their nest). They just fly around close to your face and act like they care, but in reality, they don't attack. Kind of mellow fellows. Whimps! I shoot them down with a focused shot of Bee spray. I'm a pretty good shot with a can of 'Whoop bubblegum'!
We must have a different kind around Eugene.
Those suckers sting every chance they get!

We have bumble bees here right now. Not to be confused with yellow jackets (aka meat bees), they don't sting, they bite. They love meat and will land on you and start chewin. Horrible creatures.

View attachment 661655
View attachment 661656
View attachment 661657
I've always thought bumblebees where the big fat black and yellow B52s of the bee world.
Those definitely look like yellow jackets.
I don't know if yellow jackets bite or sting, but you for sure feel it.
Yellow jackets (as I know them to be called) can really ruin a bbq, because they are carnivores.

I think they were back on the 3rd.

View attachment 661575

That to me looks like a gathering of laughing hyenas. Circling around, knashing their teeth, and planning on how they can pack up and get more tax money from the people and leave them bleeding.

Buzzards serve a purpose, they glean rotting carcasses clean in a matter of hours. The above hyenas merely attack and then run away when even mildly challenged.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top