JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Everything I have updates the time except the microwave and alarm clock.

That's partly why I use my phones alarm feature as a backup just in case the power goes out or DLST happens and I'm caught unaware.

What would you guys who hate it want to do - stay at DST or stay at conventional (real) time?

Standard Time - noon is supposed to be when the sun is in the middle of your time zone. I wouldn't mind taking DST back to the old version of 6 months/year than the current 8 months/year. The change was a knee jerk reaction by politicians to an economic downturn and energy savings. The problem was that 1) We are no longer an agriculture based economy and 2) it actually slightly increased energy usage due to hot water and lights.

I hate the change to daylight savings. I love daylight savings so much a couple of days to get accustomed to it is a small price to pay.
But I was kinda dragging butt today.:confused:

I don't do a lot of fishing. Mostly just Salmon.
Not even sure about this year.

But I fear we may all long for the good old days when it comes to these fish.

Remember limiting out before noon? :D

20141012_130802 (2).jpg

I was reminiscing with my daughter about the days when only your PC updated its time automatically and having to go around the house changing the VCR and everything else with a clock on it. Obviously I remember earlier then that without computers and having to change my watch as well:p.

I was thinking back to when we would call a phone number for the official time.

Yep. Dial 1-1-9-1 . The gal would answer, "The Time, Daylight Time, is 8:39 PM and 8 Seconds. Beep".

Funny thing this Daylight Savings Time. I knew it was coming, but last night my wife asked me, "what time is it, really?" The time change had come and gone, without me even knowing it had happened. Had to run around the house and reset all the clocks. I was an hour behind all day long and i didn't even know.

WAYNO.

Yep. Dial 1-1-9-1 . The gal would answer, "The Time, Daylight Time, is 8:39 PM and 8 Seconds. Beep".

Funny thing this Daylight Savings Time. I knew it was coming, but last night my wife asked me, "what time is it, really?" The time change had come and gone, without me even knowing it had happened. Had to run around the house and reset all the clocks. I was an hour behind all day long and i didn't even know.

WAYNO.

I remember it being C-A-9-1-2-1-2 and on a rotary phone no less

Long time ago. But I seam to remember just calling the operator and asking for the time. o_O
Yeah she'd even chat with a 5 yr old that wasn't supposed to be playing with the phone. :)

I read an article the other day that cited a study regarding the heart attack, stroke and seizure rate going up with the onset of DST and dropping again when we go back to standard time. I believe it. I get up at 3:30 am for work and this morning thinking no,its actually 2:30 was enough to tire me out.

Yeah she'd even chat with a 5 yr old that wasn't supposed to be playing with the phone. :)

I read an article the other day that cited a study regarding the heart attack, stroke and seizure rate going up with the onset of DST and dropping again when we go back to standard time. I believe it. I get up at 3:30 am for work and this morning thinking no,its actually 2:30 was enough to tire me out.

Right there an hour behind you.... :confused:

I was reminiscing with my daughter about the days when only your PC updated its time automatically and having to go around the house changing the VCR and everything else with a clock on it. Obviously I remember earlier then that without computers and having to change my watch as well:p.
my son probably wont know what a VCR or a CD is when hes older. hes almost 3

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top