JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I promise you the 1911 does not need any improvement on its recoil system. Maybe it will still work, but the wheel there is definitely not broken.

I promise you the 1911 does not need any improvement on its recoil system. Maybe it will still work, but the wheel there is definitely not broken.
I didn't say it was, I just like to tweak my firearms - I'm retired need something to pass my time
first one I'm ordering is for my R. I. 9mm 1911

the M16 recoils system works just fine, but I installed a Geissele Super 42 spring with a T2 buffer on one of my ARs
could tell a difference from the first shot

.45 ACP works just fine also, but I just converted my Smith 4506 over to 45 Super

I just installed the Sprinco recoil management system on my R.I. 9mm 1911
mated it with a Wilson variable recoil 12# spring (was running a convectional 14# spring)
just went outside to test it with 115 loads
wow - just wow
I think my bull barrel Ruger Mk 1 recoils more
yes, the 1911 recoils system worked just fine as designed by John Browning
but companies such as Wilson Combat, Les Baur, STI and Sprinco are based on improving that design
once the recoil system is installed, you can tune your springs as normal - what does it take you to change out a 1911 spring? 15 sec on the outside
I'll tune it tomorrow with 124 gn, 124+P and 14t gn loads, have springs from 11# to 16#
and I have calibration packs for 45 1911 and my 9mm Glock conversion

I'll order additional Sprinco RMS for my .45 1911 and my 9mm Glock

just WOW

OK, I couldn't wait
went out in sub freezing weather, in the dark and tuned the springs on this Sprinco RMS
in the end, I decided on a Wolff Variable Power 13# recoil spring with Wilson Combat 18# main spring and a Wilson Combat firing pin stop and extractor
works on 115 gn, 124 gn, 124+P and 147 gn 9mm ammo, ran a 10 rnd mag of each
yet my neighbors didn't call 911

ordered a RMS for my 45 1911 tonight

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads