JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to get my first spotting scope. I'm thinking a 20-60x adjustable. General idea is to start shooting 200 to 300 yards with my AR, and be able to tell what the heck I'm hitting.

I'd like to spend under $200. I assume there's going to be a lot of junk out there. Anyone have recommendations? What's good? What to stay away from? Do I need to adjust my price range?

Best advice would be to go to a store and look through all the different scopes they have. In that range I would seriously consider the scope from Redfield. I beilieve it's a 20-60x and the glass seems pretty good compared to others in that range. Relatively clear, just a little dark at the higher magnification ranges. For bench shooting it may work fine.

I've never been a fan of ordering optics. I like to look through binos and scopes before buying. There should be a store in the Vancouver area that has a few in stock to check out.

As usual, just my .02

Go over to Wholesale Sports by Vancouver Mall and check out their Alpen spotting scopes. I was thinking about their 20-60 x80mm scope but there are lower priced units also.

I recently picked up a Winchester brand 20-60 kit from the sports authority here in town. I was reluctant to go with anything in that price range. I checked the reviews on lots of different brands. I went into the store and looked through several and went with this one.

Winchester 20-60x80 Spotting Scope Kit - Spotting Scopes at Spotting Scopes

It works great for the range. It includes a case, tripod and lense covers. The best bang for my buck.

I just went through this during the summer...Spent a lot of time researching.
I bought this scope, and I really think it's the best bang for the buck.

Konus Spotting Scope 20-60x 80mm with Tripod, Photo Adapter and Soft Case Armored Green - MidwayUSA
So far this is a great spotting scope, I am about to buy it for $197.99. But I remember once awhile I recieve email from midwayusa with promotion code like 10% discount (can't find those emails when I needed it). This price is on sale till the end of November so I am just going to wait and see if any discount code pop up in my email.... If anyone here have special discount code from midwayusa please let me know. TIA.

Shepherd spotting scopes are awesome, I have 2 but you can see a .22 cal bullet hole at 400 yards. They are also very light and easy to pack if you hunt. Lifetime warranty and comparable to Zeiss and others. Check them out.

Scott

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top