JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for a decent spotting scope for bench use and thought I would ask the community for recommendations. I think an angled eyepiece would be convenient for shooting from the bench and I would like to be able to make out groups out to 100 yards if that's not asking too much. Price-wise I want a good value but I don't mind spending a little more for quality stuff that will have high resale value. OTOH if a cheapie will work just fine then that might be just the ticket. I'm interested in hearing what people recommend on this.

Champion's Choice have several inexpensive spotting scopes that will fill your needs. The 82 mm Kowa are the most popular with High Power Shooters
but with the eye piece lens protectors, ect. the are close to $1000. They have scopes from $100 on up.
<broken link removed>

Not wanting to spend a lot, I bought a Simmons 20-60x60 zoom on sale - and hung onto the receipt just in case. I think I paid $60 for mine 5 years ago. If it disappeared, I'd go get another tomorrow.

Are there superior optics out there? Sure. Are there far worse/weaker powered scopes at the same price, and a lot more? You bet. Works great in all lighting conditions and focuses razor sharp. At close range and way out at hundreds of yards, I can clearly see the bullet holes in my targets.

Whether you buy a bargain scope or invest in Nikon or Zeiss, it's a nice touch to have an eyepiece that angles up at 45 degrees so you can bend over and look down into it, as opposed to raising it way up or crouching behind it.

Last Edited:
it one of those where you get what you paid for... a 1000$ spotting scope is tons better than a 500$ scope and tons better than a 100$ scope...

so set your price and buy in that range...

I started with a cheap barska and now have a nikon

eventually I'd like a razor HD..

Buy anything. If you only need to see 100 yards, the cheapest piece of junk scope you can find will do just fine. I'm not kidding - the really bad ones run into problems with small holes (223 or so) at 200 yards but literally anything will work at 100.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top