JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gawd!

If I go back for pix you know Imma buy that frikken thing.

Enablers.
You know you started this thread looking for encouragement.
One of the guns I regret not buying back when I had a chance was the Gibbs Quest Jungle Carbine in .308. I *think* these were built off Ishapore 2a1's. I don't know if they were really any good, but it was a design that just "did it" for me.

View attachment 1090264
I had a 45-70 Quest carbine on order back then. Too bad the gun shop folded before I got it. I was able to get my deposit back but would have rather gotten the gun.

Here's some pics of my RFI 1964 7.62 2A that I've had for a long time it's in great shape and I've only shot it a couple times. Approximately 10lbs loaded, and cannot imagine packing it for an extended time

9F68C462-B621-4874-83A9-1B88ED6D1A8E.jpeg
E3AF68FE-0DD8-49CE-9551-4885FD1A8C9A.jpeg
F9050A87-7B00-4A78-974B-DE2B57A6DADC.jpeg

Speaking of shooting a R.F.I. 2A1 in 7.62 Nato....
Post #629

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
The longest serving battle rifle ever, always had a soft spot for them. Got rid of all my milsurps a long time ago, trying to resist the urge to buy more, the ridiculous prices help stem the urge.

View attachment 1203140View attachment 1203141

Went back and bought it last week.
No good reason, just can't help taking in strays. I'm thinking it's either a mad max paint job, or some kinda walrus hunting beater rifle . View attachment 1203142
The factory put that paint on, I think, the ones built in India? Or was it Australian Lithgow's? On purpose!
Headspace can be an issue with these. And not easily remedied. Originally the bolts were fitted to the rifle. You can't just buy another bolt and have it work. There are three different bolt head numbered 1-3 that might be difficult to find. And even then you may have head space problems.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top