JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a soft spot for wayward long guns. The last purchase I made was yet one more single shot .20ga, desperately in need of a deep cleaning.
Simply couldn't help myself. And then again today, a Bubbalicious Enfield presents itself. Barrel cut waaaaay down, an AK74 style brake attached. Flaking baked enamel high gloss black paint. 5rd mag, almost devoid of finish. Cheap azz CROSSBOW scope (yikes).
Black plastic stock . Under $300 .

I want it. Why can't I stop buying stuff like this??

Sorry, no pics.

thread_is_worthless.jpg

BUT, But, but.....for me....
Homey_D_Clown.gif
Mostly because it's in .303 cal. I don't need/want to go on another ammo buying spree.

That being said.....I'm still interested in seeing pics.

Aloha, Mark

One of the guns I regret not buying back when I had a chance was the Gibbs Quest Jungle Carbine in .308. I *think* these were built off Ishapore 2a1's. I don't know if they were really any good, but it was a design that just "did it" for me.

1639721719027.png

Speaking of the Ishapore in 7.62 Nato. I attended the Rickreall, OR gun show and saw several examples. Priced from $400 up to $465 IIRC.

BUT, But, but.....I wasn't biting. Because I already have one.

Aloha, Mark

Speaking of the Ishapore in 7.62 Nato. I attended the Rickreall, OR gun show and saw several examples. Priced from $400 up to $465 IIRC.

BUT, But, but.....I wasn't biting. Because I already have one.

Aloha, Mark
I saw those too. It reminded me that I really need to drag mine out of the safe and actually shoot them. A decade or more ago I bought a pair of them. I had a friend with an FFL and he told me about a distributor special, $99 each if you buy two, and free shipping, IIRC. I had to buy two. :)

They aren't pristine specimens, but they shoot fine.

My first Enfield I bought back in the early '90s. $65 as I recall, with a hundred rounds of ammo. I've got a couple 50 cal cans full of HXP .303 ammo, suppose I should shoot some of it too...

I have a soft spot for wayward long guns. The last purchase I made was yet one more single shot .20ga, desperately in need of a deep cleaning.
Simply couldn't help myself. And then again today, a Bubbalicious Enfield presents itself. Barrel cut waaaaay down, an AK74 style brake attached. Flaking baked enamel high gloss black paint. 5rd mag, almost devoid of finish. Cheap azz CROSSBOW scope (yikes).
Black plastic stock . Under $300 .

I want it. Why can't I stop buying stuff like this??

Sorry, no pics.
Would have loved to see the .303. Back in 1982 it was the first center fire rifle I bought. Took my first deer with it and still have it today. It was sporterized and it's a tack driver.

Long ago I ran into this one (the Ishapore in 7.62 Nato). Sporterized for your pleasure. Of course, I didn't buy it. I was looking for an original.

Mind you that......if you bought it. Well, enjoy it. It's still pretty.

1639761225956.jpeg

1639761176589.jpeg

1639761290379.jpeg

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show