JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would guess you would also have the smarts to tell the kids you went out.

Probably. But...

When I retire I intend to have a 4x4 RV with camper and dirt bikes. Go camping/shooting/riding while I am able - if I am able (that plan was made before I knew I had heart problems). So any given day I may be outside of cell phone range. The newer Spots/et. al. have texting I have read, so I would probably get one of the new ones and let someone know where I am daily.

The thing is, when riding off-road, it is very common to drop the bike and fall with it - especially for someone like me with poor balance, out of shape and a poor rider. Even experienced skilled riders drop the bike and fall. It is very easy to be injured doing so. Add that to my heart problems and I want something that I can use to call for help ASAP - if I am conscious, and something that would track me as I move around because I may fall and be unable to call for help.

Also, part of riding for me is to go exploring and often taking unplanned routes. This too is common IMO. So I may not be anywhere near where I planned to be when I started out, and I would most likely not take any planned route - that is part of the fun of riding for me.

I have been thinking about a GMRS or HAM radio in addition to the CB. To have in my Willys jeep as I plan on some long trips to places no cell or CB would work. But looking into these inReachunits I think this will be the way to go. I just don't see the wife being able to use a modern HAM radio and all that entails.

Where as one of these looks like something that would do exactly what we need.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top