JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would guess you would also have the smarts to tell the kids you went out.

Probably. But...

When I retire I intend to have a 4x4 RV with camper and dirt bikes. Go camping/shooting/riding while I am able - if I am able (that plan was made before I knew I had heart problems). So any given day I may be outside of cell phone range. The newer Spots/et. al. have texting I have read, so I would probably get one of the new ones and let someone know where I am daily.

The thing is, when riding off-road, it is very common to drop the bike and fall with it - especially for someone like me with poor balance, out of shape and a poor rider. Even experienced skilled riders drop the bike and fall. It is very easy to be injured doing so. Add that to my heart problems and I want something that I can use to call for help ASAP - if I am conscious, and something that would track me as I move around because I may fall and be unable to call for help.

Also, part of riding for me is to go exploring and often taking unplanned routes. This too is common IMO. So I may not be anywhere near where I planned to be when I started out, and I would most likely not take any planned route - that is part of the fun of riding for me.

I have been thinking about a GMRS or HAM radio in addition to the CB. To have in my Willys jeep as I plan on some long trips to places no cell or CB would work. But looking into these inReachunits I think this will be the way to go. I just don't see the wife being able to use a modern HAM radio and all that entails.

Where as one of these looks like something that would do exactly what we need.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top