Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sportsman's Warehouse? Not!!!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Capn Jack, May 30, 2009.

1. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Passed by Sportsman's Warehouse in Burlington yesterday and noticed the name had been changed.:confused: Didn't catch what it was. I'll pay more atention next time.:paranoid:

2. SULLY

SULLY Salem, Or. Member

Wholesale sports

3. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

I believe the chain filed chapter 11 in March and is closing some stores, selling some stores and trying to keep others open. Reuters

Is that the same chain?

4. aquariumjunky

aquariumjunky Albany, Oregon Active Member

who cares what they all calling them selfs! DO THEY HAVE POWDER!??????

Isn't that what is really important?

Steven

5. Rugerbub

Rugerbub OREGON Member

I heard they will in a month or so. The new canadian owners didnt want to order anything until the name changed!

6. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Yeah - the real question is what do they have in stock? Last time I was in there (just before their Chapter 11 filing) the shelves were pretty bare.

7. CastleFox

CastleFox Gone New Member

Wow! What's with all the sporting good stores going under? Aren't people spending money on Fun anymore?

I have been really happy with Fisherman's Marine. Good prices and always have ammo when I have been in there. 9mm, 22LR, and Shotgun shells.

I always walk out of there with a lighter wallet.

8. Ramjet57

Ramjet57 Nw Oregun Member

I talked to two different employees at Sportsmans Warehouses a couple of months ago and was told that the main company was closing some and selling some stores out of the 63 or so 15 were sold to a canada company
    and we are in the sold stores.
    There problem was all the stock came from a central warehouse and when they bought ours they had to set up accounts with all the suppliers and distributers and could no longer get stock from the main warehouses.
    It seems that when they bought the 15 stores they didn't know they had to get there stock from a different places.
    At least now we will probley get stuff thats right for our area not the south or back east:)

9. fingolfen

fingolfen Oregon Member

What he said - they could call themselves "Bob's House of Goo" and if they had primer, powder, bullets, and brass I'd be fist in line...

... as others have said - Sportsmans' has reorganized and sold off a lot of its stores...

10. aquariumjunky

aquariumjunky Albany, Oregon Active Member

I think I would go out of my way to buy supplies at Bob's house of goo!

11. MacBookProAR

MacBookProAR Stayton Member

infinity + 1 to this! :laugh: