JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wish that they and BiMart would stop telling people when the ammo shipments come in. The usual crowd always lines up at the doors to commence hoarding on those days. For the rest of us who can't be there get stuck. They should just shut up and put it out at random and give everyone a fair shot. It's getting ridiculous, especially so in the current environment.

Do you know of a store that tells people when orders are coming? Because our local store, 122nd and Halsey, tells me they never know what's coming in with an order in the way of loading supplies or ammo. They know, when they open the boxes. "Those" guys just line up every day 30 min before opening ANYWHERE that sells ammo/loading supplies.

Last Tuesday our BiMart had ammo still, at 11:30, and there was only 5-6 people waiting at the counter to get their ration.

I wish that they and BiMart would stop telling people when the ammo shipments come in. The usual crowd always lines up at the doors to commence hoarding on those days. For the rest of us who can't be there get stuck. They should just shut up and put it out at random and give everyone a fair shot. It's getting ridiculous, especially so in the current environment.

Valid points. I personally don't line up. I show up at Sportsmans a few hours after they open and hope something is left. I tend to chat with the customer service lady quite a bit when shopping for other items. At random, at the register, she'll ask me if I need any ammo. 3 times now, with the shelf empty, she says give me a minute and comes back with 2 boxes for me. Last week I think she was just venting about the buy-out and changes when she disclosed the drivers hadn't called yet.

Do you know of a store that tells people when orders are coming? Because our local store, 122nd and Halsey, tells me they never know what's coming in with an order in the way of loading supplies or ammo. They know, when they open the boxes. "Those" guys just line up every day 30 min before opening ANYWHERE that sells ammo/loading supplies.

Last Tuesday our BiMart had ammo still, at 11:30, and there was only 5-6 people waiting at the counter to get their ration.
Yes. I have heard the clerk in Beaverton saying to customers that the ammo comes in on Tuesdays.

Personally very glad to hear this. We need variety and competition. I've had GREAT experiences in the Meridian and Salt Lake city stores, as well as the one on 82nd. Lately no so well there, so I'm hoping that with the merger behind them they can get back to their roots.

I suspect such a merger will cause less competition. If your competition treats their customers equally poor, there's no bar to strive for.

Cabela's, Sportsman's, Fisherman's... None of them have anything worthwhile in inventory. I continue to buy guns, ammo, and accessories. But none of it is bought from these big box stores. It's been bought online and delivered to whatever FFL is interested in receiving the products I've ordered. The FFL's I use are hobbyists, with no schedule. It's often dificult to find them open when I'm available, or visa versa. Not a criticism, but just a realism.

Bottom line... I surely wish I could walk into a store, any store, and buy off the shelf what I'm wanting to buy.

Happy to see this. Until Cabelas was bought out by Bass Pro, I was willing to drive the hour plus to their Yakima Outpost store to take advantage of some of their advertised sales. Once @ss Pro took over, those good deals stopped, and their inventory of reloading stuff went with the deals. Sportsman's Warehouse has had primers in stock (occasionally), and has always had the best prices of anywhere, $23 - $28 last summer and still under $50 currently when available. I hope Sportsman's Warehouse stays independent for a long time.

Personally very glad to hear this. We need variety and competition. I've had GREAT experiences in the Meridian and Salt Lake city stores, as well as the one on 82nd. Lately no so well there, so I'm hoping that with the merger behind them they can get back to their roots.
That's exactly what I hope for, the sportsman's of pre-covid (if possible).
I never could imagine that they would read surveys and act upon them if this merger was to go through. I've actually seen improvements based on my suggestions at some sportsman's and feel more inclined to be a customer there because of it.

I suspect such a merger will cause less competition. If your competition treats their customers equally poor, there's no bar to strive for.

Cabela's, Sportsman's, Fisherman's... None of them have anything worthwhile in inventory. I continue to buy guns, ammo, and accessories. But none of it is bought from these big box stores. It's been bought online and delivered to whatever FFL is interested in receiving the products I've ordered. The FFL's I use are hobbyists, with no schedule. It's often dificult to find them open when I'm available, or visa versa. Not a criticism, but just a realism.

Bottom line... I surely wish I could walk into a store, any store, and buy off the shelf what I'm wanting to buy.
Fisherman's is hardly "big-box" with a whopping three locations in Portland metro, but I do agree that a lot of my guns are bought online. I also have odd interests and specific tastes.

Not a big deal. Support your locally owned gun store instead. They are the ones who will go to bat for you on 2A issues at the local level.
NO.

STORY TIME.
Back before BGCs were enacted for FTF private sales in WA. My LGS supported the legislation.

He said why not? It makes WA safer.

But, he was probably thinking about.....
The increased profits/revenue from the passing of that law. Driving more business his way.

The law passed.

And, still.....he closed his business.

OK, Ok, ok.....the standard disclaimer applies.

Aloha, Mark

NO.

STORY TIME.
Back before BGCs were enacted for FTF private sales in WA. My LGS supported the legislation.

He said why not? It makes WA safer.

But, he was probably thinking about.....
The increased profits/revenue from the passing of that law. Driving more business his way.

The law passed.

And, still.....he closed his business.

OK, Ok, ok.....the standard disclaimer applies.

Aloha, Mark
Yes.
Story time
During the time people were gathering signatures to pass a SAPO in our county, the LGS I worked for enoucouraged people to come into the shop and sign the petition to get it on the ballot. This was without pressure to buy anything.

The SAPO went into effect

I know longer work there, but the business is still going strong and he continues to assist in efforts to preserve the 2nd Amendment

Hasta La Vista, Tom

Yes.
Story time
During the time people were gathering signatures to pass a SAPO in our county, the LGS I worked for enoucouraged people to come into the shop and sign the petition to get it on the ballot. This was without pressure to buy anything.

The SAPO went into effect

I know longer work there, but the business is still going strong and he continues to assist in efforts to preserve the 2nd Amendment

Hasta La Vista, Tom
Did you mean...... SAPO = State Authorized Portable Orders

I only ask because......I had to look it up. And maybe, I still have it wrong?

Aloha, Mark

PS....that being said.....I'd imagine that each small business might just take on the POLITICS of the owner(s). Some like to advertise their support or disdain over certain issues. FREEDOM.

But then.....I'd also believe that the big box places follow the "rules" that the corporate office may/might/probably places on them. Yeah....fear and/or just not wanting to upset the shoppers and the corporate profits.

A recent controversial example being : Dick's Sporting Goods. And, Wal Mart choosing to no longer sell firearms and related products (i.e. ammo) in the Portlandia area.

Last Edited:
Did you mean...... SAPO = State Authorized Portable Orders

I only ask because......I had to look it up. And maybe, I still have it wrong?

Aloha, Mark

PS....that being said.....I'd imagine that each small business might just take on the POLITICS of the owner(s). Some like to advertise their support or disdain over certain issues. FREEDOM.

But then.....I'd also believe that the big box places follow the "rules" that the corporate office may/might/probably places on them. Yeah....fear and/or just not wanting to upset the shoppers and the corporate profits.

A recent controversial example being : Dick's Sporting Goods. And, Wal Mart choosing to no longer sell firearms and related products (i.e. ammo) in the Portlandia area.
Second Amendment Protection/Preservation Ordinance

The wife and I walked through Cabelas/Bass Pro, in Lacey, Saturday.
From the time we parked the car, and all the way through the place, almost everything was branded with their name.
Not Subtlety, but in big bold lettering.
I get they want to advertise their products, but I did not care for the way they do it, at all.
Total turn-off for me.

We left the place empty handed.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top