JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Look like that's SAF, FPC backed representing. Nice!

They weren't kidding when they said they had more suits locked and loaded.
Yep NRA showed up as well. This is lawsuit #4. Hopefully this will help the judge with the first one and get a injunction. This is going to cost the state a lot of money with 4 open lawsuit. If 114 holds up Hopefully 30k BGC file the next lawsuit as well.

Bring it! I wonder what is more effective, lots of smaller lawsuits or one BIG one?
Multiple lawsuits from different groups. All separate resources and lawyers. State is just one set and could cause enough strain on the state. Also this jams up the courts with muti filed suits.

Awesome. Glad they are all getting in on this. Hopefully all those filing lawsuits can take those "lift every chunts voice" folks and shove measure 114 right up where the sun dont shine.

Yep NRA showed up as well. This is lawsuit #4. Hopefully this will help the judge with the first one and get a injunction. This is going to cost the state a lot of money with 4 open lawsuit. If 114 holds up Hopefully 30k BGC file the next lawsuit as well.
It's what I told people.... this will all get tied up in court because its unconstituional and cost YOU the tax payer money. there's anti-gun people and then there's the average everyday person who is just ignorant to the laws and never hears our side or argument which rational people would agree with and instead hear " oh you want to pass BGC???, of course thats a good idea" not understanding what laws already exist.

and then there's the average everyday person who is just ignorant to the laws and never hears our side or argument which rational people would agree with and instead hear " oh you want to pass BGC???, of course thats a good idea" not understanding what laws already exist.
LEVO did this on purpose. The campaigned on adding a background check, when there is already a background check. Now there is another one, one to get the new purchase permit, then the usual check with each purchase.
The way they [intentionally] campaigned their law made it imply there wasnt a BGC so most people supported the idea.

IMO this double check system should shoot them in their own foot constitutionally but we will see how it plays out in court.

I'm not particularly happy with this one, as it clearly states that it is only asking for an injunction until the permits are available.

I expected better from FPC.

Today's compromise is tomorrow's loophole. No compromises.

I'm to watch Sportsmans Warehouse haters melt.
I'm assuming Sportsmans was chosen by the law firms vs them leading the charge. Someone has to be the harmed party. That can't be the gun lobbyists. There's always a private citizen and a business as plaintiffs. All that said, good on all parties involved. Keep 'em coming!

I'm assuming Sportsmans was chosen by the law firms vs them leading the charge. Someone has to be the harmed party. That can't be the gun lobbyists. There's always a private citizen and a business as plaintiffs. All that said, good on all parties involved. Keep 'em coming!
From the beginning Sportsmans has held a position against Measure 114 and posted notices in their local stores urging customers to vote no. My guess is it was a corporate decision.

From the beginning Sportsmans has held a position against Measure 114 and posted notices in their local stores urging customers to vote no. My guess is it was a corporate decision.
That is probably true as well but I suspect this lawsuit was written before Sportsmans knew about it. Maybe not. Either way it's all good.

I'm not particularly happy with this one, as it clearly states that it is only asking for an injunction until the permits are available.

I expected better from FPC.

Today's compromise is tomorrow's loophole. No compromises.
It's a multi prong attack hitting from different points and asking for different levels of remedy in the hopes that one may be successful where others may not. It doesn't do much good if they are all asking the same thing. A "no" to one would be a "no" to all. In this way... a "no" to one is not a done deal as a judge might say, "we'll, yeah. That's reasonable and I'm willing to do that".

They can't all be swinging for grand slams.

It's a multi prong attack hitting from different points and asking for different levels of remedy in the hopes that one may be successful where others may not. It doesn't do much good if they are all asking the same thing. A "no" to one would be a "no" to all. In this way... a "no" to one is not a done deal as a judge might say, "we'll, yeah. That's reasonable and I'm willing to do that".

They can't all be swinging for grand slams.
Agree with this. For me I'm banking on the one that has both lawyers who won the Bruen case. I'm confident those guys know what they are doing because they have proved it, completely changing the legal framework regarding 2A. The others I really don't know, mainly just because I see snippets in news articles and haven't taken the time to find or read their filings. I have read good things about second amendment foundation though and they have a long successful track record from what I understand.

This article has the info on the one the Bruen lawyers are on:

No sir, they most certainly did not, at least not in the Salem store. They refused to have a flyer at the gun counter, and I was told, by two separate managers, at two separate times, that it was against company policy. It wasn't until the NRA sent out the OSSA flyers and signs did they post anything. I believe that was a week or so after the NRA town hall in Albany.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top