JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The judge said something about 2a not saying anything about mags, she is a judge and she is going to look straight at the argument.
The sheriff on the news last night saying that it was vital for being out gunned was a bad move imo.
They should have focused on fixed mags and firearms that dont have 10 round options, that creates the arguments for removing what means people have to protect themselves. That becomes oppressive, having the argument in a "what if scenario" isn't what the judge is gonna want to focus on.

The other thing dude said to the news coverage was "look how many rounds our officers use when firing" I mean.. 🤦🏻 I get what he's trying to say but man.. that probably didn't buy him any points with anyone not in his corner.

Tactfully, hed have been better off saying that hand guns aren't as accurate and that you could use all ten rounds while some one is attacking you and not stop them.
Maybe use statistics from the FBI and why they have and LEO's have more then 10rnds.
For self defense, framing the argument that law enforcement like your average Joe has a weapon for self defense 1st and studies show increased capacity reduces the risk of being a victim.

Even then, saying less is more sometimes, just my two cents but going after the argument of it removing legal means of protection from people who own firearms that have no LEAGAL WAY of meeting the 10rnd capacity limit seems more advantageous to me.
It would prove that the law would legally remove those peoples only means of protection and violate their 2a. Or unduly create burden in order to exercise their 2a

Think if we started another thread that said "list of guns that can't be made legally 114 compliant" that would be something for the judge to look at from not a "what if I need" to "reasonable means" that said I think going with that argument would at the very least show the judge the the law is to vague and is working on the same "what if" arguments rather then a well thought out plan.

Really they are trying to pause the law for time, so the intent should be focusing on the law being to vague to enforce with out encroachments on peoples 2a rights and federally licensed entities which would then put law enforcement in jeopardy of legal suits against them.

I mean honestly, I think on December 9th some of these sheriffs should go out and arrest some of their deputies (who voluntarily do it) to prove the point. How is the DA going to prosecute them, and if its a crime, whats a jury going to say?
"Oh sorry that you carry this 17rnd mag all day to work for the public, and technically you are always on duty because of your oath, but you left your house on a Sunday with a 17rnd mag in you CC and heres your felony"
🤦🏻 I don't think so.

Also the process of having to go to a police department to legally own a gun for home protection, here's a valid "what if" argument.. do you think people of color or any other minority that feels generationally threatened by law enforcement is going to feel good about that?
If they already feel disenfranchised or discriminated against by law enforcement they are not going to go in and get a permit.
Which means they will either not be able to purchase what they have a 2a right to do.
Or will find other means to find protection.

What "other" background check are they going to do? If its the same as getting a CCL then everyone that gets a permit should also get their CCL with the permit, as it stands right now qualifying for a CCL is way less then getting a permit.
But going through the exact same process, how does that works with or against CCL law's currently on the books? Are they going to conflict or create some accidental discrimination?

I think they could have gotten what they wanted out of this law pretty easily by not using a crayon to write it, at the end of the day I think thats what a judge should be looking at.

I think its awesome to see a corporation getting involved in opposition of 114. Even though i'm sure it's because they are raking in the cash from the background checks we are force to do. Still good on them.

Deputy I talked to the other day said he could be charged with a felony, I kinda flinched when he said it and had to get my food order.
I would assume they could get a felony because they know the law so breaking it would classify it differently.
But he was pretty adamant when he said yeah or I can actually get a class C felony if I do it.
So not sure, just what he said.

Deputy I talked to the other day said he could be charged with a felony, I kinda flinched when he said it and had to get my food order.
I would assume they could get a felony because they know the law so breaking it would classify it differently.
But he was pretty adamant when he said yeah or I can actually get a class C felony if I do it.

Section 11 Subsection (6):

(6) Unlawful manufacture, importation, possession, use, purchase, sale or otherwise transferring of a large-capacity magazine is a class A misdemeanor.

Last Edited:
It's a multi prong attack hitting from different points and asking for different levels of remedy in the hopes that one may be successful where others may not. It doesn't do much good if they are all asking the same thing. A "no" to one would be a "no" to all. In this way... a "no" to one is not a done deal as a judge might say, "we'll, yeah. That's reasonable and I'm willing to do that".

They can't all be swinging for grand slams.
Respectfully, no it's not a multi prong attack. It's a flawed argument with a remedy that can easily end up allowing a permit process to go through once it is established and denying standing to another suit if the injunction until implementation is granted. If successful at achieving the injunction it weakens the case for other lawsuits by removing the immediate harm aspect.

It reads as a compromise and I'm sick of watching my rights get "compromised" away by others. No more.

Deputy I talked to the other day told me they are never "technically" off duty as long as they are in their jurisdiction. They all plan on ignoring the mag ban unless they are out of their county.

Deputy I talked to the other day told me they are never "technically" off duty as long as they are in their jurisdiction. They all plan on ignoring the mag ban unless they are out of their county.
There is just that pesky little languge in there, "...related to the official duties...", which excludes any time they are off the clock. If LEO's don't plan on complying with the state law... it really shouldn't suprise the woketards if no one else plans to either. Stick THAT in your shorts and smoke it!!

GOOD on them, I say!! :s0155:

I'm not particularly happy with this one, as it clearly states that it is only asking for an injunction until the permits are available.

I expected better from FPC.

Today's compromise is tomorrow's loophole. No compromises.
No other lawsuit has specifically addressed this in detail. It is not a compromise. It is preserving rights that 10's of thousands of gun buyers waiting for approval. Those buyers are going to get their rights stomped on in a few days.

Currently the state could drag their feet and never have a permit system. They already have allowed a back log in an "instant BGC system" to institute a back door waiting period. New York never finished putting their ammo purchase requirement system in place after years and now are threatening ammo companies for not following it.

Agreed. Where are the FFL's on restraint of trade or whatever? Their customers are carrying the water?
Most average FFL won't have the funds to start a lawsuit. If it goes to court the cost could be enough to bankrupt most people. For average FFL it will have to be a class action and I can't see that happening till after December worst case. I can see a class action lawsuit a week after just from 35,000 BGCs they will put on limbo.

Last Edited:
No other lawsuit has specifically addressed this in detail. It is not a compromise. It is preserving rights that 10's of thousands of gun buyers waiting for approval. Those buyers are going to get their rights stomped on in a few days.

Currently the state could drag their feet and never have a permit system. They already have allowed a back log in an "instant BGC system" to institute a back door waiting period. New York never finished putting their ammo purchase requirement system in place after years and now are threatening ammo companies for not following it.
Not true. Of all people the NRA filed a lawsuit about this before FPC did, although I've not yet had the chance to read through it yet.

Not true. Of all people the NRA filed a lawsuit about this before FPC did, although I've not yet had the chance to read through it yet.

Maybe I was not clear. Yes, several lawsuits have been filed before the Sportman lawsuit. Each lawsuit is different and focuses on different aspects of the measure or flawed implementation. The Sportmans lawsuit has the strongest arguments for getting an injunction, however it does not kill this measure.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top