JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LEVO did this on purpose. The campaigned on adding a background check, when there is already a background check. Now there is another one, one to get the new purchase permit, then the usual check with each purchase.
The way they [intentionally] campaigned their law made it imply there wasnt a BGC so most people supported the idea.

IMO this double check system should shoot them in their own foot constitutionally but we will see how it plays out in court.
Agreed, people was misled. I remember the main highlights of Measure 114 is background checks on all gun transactions and Magazine ban and didn't say much about the other BS in the measure. Many people that are not into guns are ignorance of background checks thinking that you can simply go to a gun show and bring home guns without doing a BGC.The so-called Gun Show loophole. But most gunowners know that is not the case. Oregon has one of the strictest BGC system in the country.
It's too bad that gun organizations didn't seem to put a lot of effort in trying to educate Oregonians about BGC. I remembered last Summer and Fall, Measure 114 was promoted everywhere and I didn't see much of against 114 except in gun clubs, gun shows, gun shops and here on this forum.. Mostly encouraging gunowners to vote no. Sure, some gunowners might vote for it or didn't vote but it's the general population that need to be educated and that's why we lost. I guess Gun org. want to see what happens and if we lose, we'll fight it. Now, the gun org is going spent tons of money and we the gun owner going to have to keep donating to fight the this.

The judge asked if it was possible to combine all four of them. The defense was agreeable since they would be idiots if they did not. John Kaempt for OFF would not agree to that until he conferred with the other organizations, but committed to an answer in the next few days. I suppose anything is possible but will need to wait and see who is willing to go in together. TBH, I think it's more likely for FPC and OFF to get together and then NRA and Sportsman's be the second team.

No sir, they most certainly did not, at least not in the Salem store. They refused to have a flyer at the gun counter, and I was told, by two separate managers, at two separate times, that it was against company policy. It wasn't until the NRA sent out the OSSA flyers and signs did they post anything. I believe that was a week or so after the NRA town hall in Albany.
They had flyers in the Hillsboro store for a couple months. Maybe its an individual store policy then I dunno.

The judge asked if it was possible to combine all four of them. The defense was agreeable since they would be idiots if they did not. John Kaempt for OFF would not agree to that until he conferred with the other organizations, but committed to an answer in the next few days. I suppose anything is possible but will need to wait and see who is willing to go in together. TBH, I think it's more likely for FPC and OFF to get together and then NRA and Sportsman's be the second team.
Since third and fourth suits had not yet been assigned to a judge as of yesterday afternoon, still might go to Judge Immergut. I don't know the rules on compelling the combination of four such similar complaints.

Since third and fourth suits had not yet been assigned to a judge as of yesterday afternoon, still might go to Judge Immergut. I don't know the rules on compelling the combination of four such similar complaints.
All four were named by the judge yesterday so I would assume they would all go to her, but in reality, I have zero experience in how this works. At this point, I'm just and interested observer and cheerleader. She didn't seem to be compelling them to combine, only asking if it was agreeable.

All four were named by the judge yesterday so I would assume they would all go to her, but in reality, I have zero experience in how this works. At this point, I'm just and interested observer and cheerleader. She didn't seem to be compelling them to combine, only asking if it was agreeable.
I'm not entirely sure either, but would assume not all would, which... from what we saw yesterday would seem to be a very good idea and compelling reason to not combine.

She seems to have preconceptions that are highly misinformed and seems to have no practical knowledge of the subject matter she is meant to rule on. That's a dangerous combination.... democrat or republican is moot if she doesn't understand even the basics of the arguments.

That's scary!

Last Edited:
She seems to have preconseptions that are highly misinformed and seems to have no pratical knowledge of the subject matter she is meant to rule on. That's a dangerous combination.... democrat or republican is moot if she doesn't understand even the basics of the arguments.
^^^THIS^^^
It could simply be something she has no personal experience with, and is showing her ignorance on, OR, she is acting on emotions which makes her DANGEROUS and likely to rule from the bench! She could also be playing the long game and getting things Spelled out CLEAR, so there can be no misunderstanding of her eventual ruling, after an injunction!

No sir, they most certainly did not, at least not in the Salem store. They refused to have a flyer at the gun counter, and I was told, by two separate managers, at two separate times, that it was against company policy. It wasn't until the NRA sent out the OSSA flyers and signs did they post anything. I believe that was a week or so after the NRA town hall in Albany.
Sounds like the store managers voted for 114. Time to make then leave the store.

Not only that, but the Salem store only had the Sammich Board at the entrance, and It was pushed to the side or corner where it couldn't be seen unless you looked! This was the week leading up to Nov 8th, and not before, there was NOTHING at all in store! The Manager I spoke to was very reticent when asked about the store/comply stance, and made it clear to me that he had been pestered enough, and wasn't having any of it!

I'm no longer a customer of Sportsman's!

More like it took them a min to figure out how much money they will be losing due to 114 plus probably never read the measure.
That sucks some people don't read any more

Bankrupt the state? I think they are doing a good enough job on their own, LOL.
Oh yea you are correct but they can still take a kick to the junk !
1670102499477.png

1670102422542.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews