JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone else hear this? I "heard" they were having problems (which explains the complete lack of reloading supplies on the shelf - here in Bend anyway) and that the Oregon stores were closing. I had to go to Bi-Mart for a can of Unique and pay $3 more because there is virtually no powder on the shelf. Anyone know for sure?

The word I heard, from an employee at the Salem store, is that they were struggling financially and a private company in Canada just purchased them. Basically they were running out of money for inventory. I imagine that after the merger they will restock (that's what the employee thought too). This was a conversation about a month ago.

There is another thread on here that explains the issue with Sportsmans.
No,they were not bought out by a Canadian Company,they defaulted on a loan that was through a Canadian Co-Op who took control of the company.
RK

November 26, 2008

UFAUFA Co-operative Limited's increases annual revenue by $800 million with proposed acquisition of Sportsman's Warehouse

Calgary, AS, Nov. 26 - UFA Co-operative Limited is poised to acquire a majority interest in Sportsman's Warehouse, increasing the co-operative's annual revenue by $800 million.

Sportsman's Warehouse is a privately-owned outdoor outfitter with annual revenue topping $800 million and 67 stores in 29 American states. The acquisition aligns with UFA's strategy to diversify beyond its traditional businesses.

More at:
http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/news.cfm

My wife's cousin is a bullet manufacturer here in Oregon. He said that they hadn't been paying there bills that's why they've looked raped on ammo. I also talked to an employee at Sportsman's. They did get bought outt, they where out of money apparently. Which is funny there stuff isn't cheap. I've been told that we should start seeing guns and ammo showing up in the next month or so. It's seems like retailers have been really tight with stock everywhere. I think it's the sign of the times.

This does not look good. Usually the first thing that happens in such a merger is the closing of non-profitable stores. The employees would be the worst source for information. They would be the last to know. The store in Vancouver, a new store, has looked plundered since december with almost no new stock showing up weekly.

I have heard that the fate of the Vancouver and Portland store are up in the air. I hear the new ownership does not want to stay in any area where Cabella's has a presence. If Cabella's is putting that store in out near Troutdale, it might cause the Sportsman's to pull out. :(

In general, I've had much better experiences at the Cabela's in Lacey, than at Sportsman's.
So, if that is the case, maybe it's for the best.

Although I'd still prefer to keep both around.

I have heard that the fate of the Vancouver and Portland store are up in the air. I hear the new ownership does not want to stay in any area where Cabella's has a presence. If Cabella's is putting that store in out near Troutdale, it might cause the Sportsman's to pull out. :(

Then you would think the location directly across I-5 from Cabela's in Lacey would be the first to go.

Then you would think the location directly across I-5 from Cabela's in Lacey would be the first to go.
It probably will. The guy I spoke to says they are not being able to compete and that any stores near a Cabella's will most likely close. That was one of the reasons they went under so quickly. They tried to go head to head and lost.

I am betting it has something to do with their lack of an enormous web based sales system like Cabella's has.

Cableas store in Troutdale???!! What info do you have about that???Thats great!:s0155:

I would love for Cableas to come anywhere near the Portland metro area.. Even if it ended up in Wilsonville.. But dang the last time I was up at the one in Lacy ( family near there) there prices were way high even with getting no tax charge for Oregon buyers. But would still love to see a store here!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top