JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Vancouver sportsman still had ammo as of 8:15 pm
But price is high
9mm blazer 50rds @ 19.95 but they had lots , several calibers available

Don't tell the hoarders, they don't understand how enjoyable plinking can actually be. In their heads, having it is all there is to life.
This is something I just can't understand. I have a couple friends who have gotten into buying guns and ammo in this last year or so, but won't take the time to go to the range with me.

One says he'd like to go, but doesn't want to shoot any of his precious, expensive ammo. He seriously wants to "have his cake and eat it too". I finally did drag him out there, and he REALLY needs the practice. He was pretty embarrassed when he literally couldn't hit anything with a handgun, but after a couple hours of practice he was back to doing fairly well again.

I don't get it; why have guns and ammo that you don't know how to use? Is it like a lucky rabbit's foot- a talisman to ward off evil?

I don't get it; why have guns and ammo that you don't know how to use? Is it like a lucky rabbit's foot- a talisman to ward off evil?
I think it's more like Scrooge McDuck rolling around in his vault of ammo. As far as marksmanship skills, well they learn it all on the you-tubes. And then if they were to actually shoot with someone with honed skills they would see how bad they suck and no-one wants to be subject to that ridicule.

As far as marksmanship skills, well they learn it all on the you-tubes. And then if they were to actually shoot with someone with honed skills they would see how bad they suck and no-one wants to be subject to that ridicule.
There is some truth in that for sure; I've definitely seen those guys.

The funny thing is that I've gone to the range with four different friends in the last couple months. One is a beginner who's still trying to conquer the flinch. He'll get there, with practice.

Another is the good friend in the previous post. He's an old Navy guy who can shoot, just way out of practice and too darn cheap to pay for the ammo necessary to maintain proficiency.

The third is also a veteran, a guy who's proud of his handgun marksmanship badges earned in the service, but again, just out of practice.

The fourth is a veteran law-enforcement officer. He can actually shoot pretty well, but still complains that he doesn't particularly like to shoot with me because I show him up. :) It's just practice; I'm pretty sure I just spend more time at the range than he does.

There's another guy at work that I've been trying to talk into going to the range, try out some of those new guns he's been buying. He's always too busy, and I have a strong suspicion that he doesn't understand what's involved in handgun marksmanship.

Last Edited:
This is something I just can't understand. I have a couple friends who have gotten into buying guns and ammo in this last year or so, but won't take the time to go to the range with me.

One says he'd like to go, but doesn't want to shoot any of his precious, expensive ammo. He seriously wants to "have his cake and eat it too". I finally did drag him out there, and he REALLY needs the practice. He was pretty embarrassed when he literally couldn't hit anything with a handgun, but after a couple hours of practice he was back to doing fairly well again.

I know one too many, some of which are in here, that own a lot that they don't use.

I own a few collectibles, but pretty much everything else is for fun and marksmanship reasons.

Truth be told, the ones that see the least amount of use are those designated as "home/self defense" though I shoot enough with everything else I would think I'd be sufficient with those if ever they become needed.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top