JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, bit of a gamble as it's at checkout, whilst the whole having to bail and re-shelve the gun thing might be an issue (background check already done etc.) Could you imagine the lines to just get a free balloon (black Friday style) and then selling coupons they get to people.

Eh, the whole point of a promotion is to get floor traffic. If the promotion works out to where only the people who would have bought there anyway show up and they only buy what they had intended to buy anyway...then you're losing margin unnecessarily.

Strategically, I'm not sold that this makes the most sense (to run the promo this way).

Eh, the whole point of a promotion is to get floor traffic. If the promotion works out to where only the people who would have bought there anyway show up and they only buy what they had intended to buy anyway...then you're losing margin unnecessarily.

Strategically, I'm not sold that this makes the most sense (to run the promo this way).

I can see why they do it this way. It is a "gamble" and people like a surprise (so long as it doesn't get them dead).

I think it would be stupid to give the balloons first, then let you go shopping. That would NOT be good marketing sense.

Imagine...... You get a balloon with 100%. Then walk in and say "give me everything in the Southern half of the store!"

I've been the past 3 years. You can get a second ballon if you are have the rewards account with them. Guy in front of me 2 years ago bought a S&W AR10 and 1000 rounds of 308, and got 50% off from his ballon! I was not so lucky, but did manage a 20% discount.

10% off a $500 gun is still 50 bucks. If I got a coupon for a balloon, I'd but a gun for sure. Worst case is my BGC is paid for and then some, best case is free gun. I don't know that I'd gamble on a multi thousand dollar gun, but then again.... Good discount regardless.

Doesn't say anything about receiving it at checkout on mine.

Capture.JPG

Ok, for those confused on how it works.

You will receive a paper ticket when entering the store.

You exchange that ticket at checkout to get a balloon.

You can refuse to purchase if you do not get a high discount, many people have done it before.

You do not get to pop the balloon first and then go buy a bunch of stuff.

If you receive loyalty members emails, save the one for the balloon pop. They will let you pick a second balloon from another pile for members. Then you'll receive the higher of the two discounts.

I've confirmed that yes you can put a gun on layaway weeks in advance and purchase it on the balloon pop day to use a discount if you receive one.

Anyone who would even consider walking from their purchase just because their balloon didn't yield a high enough discount to match their ego should just really skip this event and shop online. It would be a truly dick move.

-E-

Last Edited:
Anyone who would even consider walking from their purchase just because their balloon didn't yield a high enough discount to match their ego should just really skip this event and shop online. It would be a truly dick move.

-E-
It's happened more than you'd think. I recall a guy, while I worked there, tried buying about 3k in guns and ammo, he even performed the 4473, he refused to buy everything once he only got a 5% balloon. He even tried to get out of paying the $10 BCG fee. Guy was a dbag. Nothing you can truly do though, can't make the guy pay, dumb part was he went through the BCG on like 3 guns though.

It's happened more than you'd think. I recall a guy, while I worked there, tried buying about 3k in guns and ammo, he even performed the 4473, he refused to buy everything once he only got a 5% balloon. He even tried to get out of paying the $10 BCG fee. Guy was a dbag. Nothing you can truly do though, can't make the guy pay, dumb part was he went through the BCG on like 3 guns though.

51GJY2JlCDL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Considering the balloon is popped at checkout...

It is not anything to write home about.

Well, 185th was crazy! Folks hovering all over the gun counter. I didn't even try considering a gun purchase. Snatched a 8 pound keg of Titegroup and a set of rings i needed. Got 10% off. Better than nothing. Felt bad for the lady in front of me. She had a $600 purchase and only got 5%. Best part, this picture.

4540B879-BFB3-4884-8FAC-117682243228.jpeg

Well, 185th was crazy! Folks hovering all over the gun counter. I didn't even try considering a gun purchase. Snatched a 8 pound keg of Titegroup and a set of rings i needed. Got 10% off. Better than nothing. Felt bad for the lady in front of me. She had a $600 purchase and only got 5%. Best part, this picture.

View attachment 664671
Yea I got there around 10 and said eff it. Should have got there at opening. Oh well, there's always next year. (Felt like i would have spent all morning into the afternoon standing in line...not worth it for me)

How,? I was just there too and was told people were in line way before opening? I didn't get a ticket for a balloon but they evidently had a bunch of balloons still. Weird thing, I had the email and everything. Didn't care much and bought my powder and primers anyway.

Btw. What is up with cabelas prices??? The Federal primers are 2.89 at sportsmans and 4.49 at cabelas.I recently bought 2 bottles of trailboss at bimart for $12 each/regular 15.. 24.99 at cabelas... holy crap!? I cant imagine people don't know about the average price for such items.

Honestly, for the chance of getting 5-10% off...or even 20%, I don't stand in line. That's a margin I can find online. If it was between 50 and 100%...yeah.

How,? I was just there too and was told people were in line way before opening? I didn't get a ticket for a balloon but they evidently had a bunch of balloons still. Weird thing, I had the email and everything. Didn't care much and bought my powder and primers anyway.

Btw. What is up with cabelas prices??? The Federal primers are 2.89 at sportsmans and 4.49 at cabelas.I recently bought 2 bottles of trailboss at bimart for $12 each/regular 15.. 24.99 at cabelas... holy crap!? I cant imagine people don't know about the average price for such items.

Honestly, for the chance of getting 5-10% off...or even 20%, I don't stand in line. That's a margin I can find online. If it was between 50 and 100%...yeah.
Cabelas prices have always been higher. They don't give a S either. If we loose Bimart, we will be left with higher prices and online orders with shipping.

Well, Bimart will always beat Cabela's( with minor exceptions, maybe). And Bimart had $3.00 of powder and primer in the ad. Don't know about primers. I bought, like, 15000 during the dark times. Some will probably be at the estate sale.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top