JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got an email from Sportsman's about some balloon thing going down tomorrow. As I understand it, coupons are stored in balloons and the first 300 customers will get a balloon on entry to pop and get some discount.

They boast up to 100% off, though I'd be surprised if there were any more than 1 of those in the 400 total balloons being offered.

Has anyone gone to this doorbuster before? Worth it?

1582914049134.png

Last Edited:
Just got an email from Sportsman's about some balloon thing going down tomorrow. As I understand it, coupons are stored in balloons and the first 300 customers will get a balloon on entry to pop and get some discount.

They boast up to 100% off, though I'd be surprised if there were any more than 1 of those in the 400 total balloons being offered.

Has anyone gone to this doorbuster before? Worth it?
I go every year. Or at least I try.

Got a 60% off one year and my wife and I bought close to $300 worth of stuff. So it was totally worth it.

Usually the person that gets the 100% off is buying some fishing gear or whatnot.

If your buying a gun, that's the day to do it. Or a scope or anything expensive. At minimum your going to at least get 5-10% off.

I go every year. Or at least I try.

Got a 60% off one year and my wife and I bought close to $300 worth of stuff. So it was totally worth it.

Usually the person that gets the 100% off is buying some fishing gear or whatnot.

If your buying a gun, that's the day to do it. Or a scope or anything expensive. At minimum your going to at least get 5-10% off.
How early did you get there to get in line? Is this like Black Friday for dudes? (I'm fairly certain my sister has gotten into lines hours on hours before opening. She hasn't heard of Amazon ;-)

How early did you get there to get in line? Is this like Black Friday for dudes? (I'm fairly certain my sister has gotten into lines hours on hours before opening. She hasn't heard of Amazon ;-)
Never get there early. Usually I'll get there and they have a bunch of balloons still. Almost every time I've gone I've gotten a balloon on that day. Only once, we just went there not knowing it was balloon pop day, and they had run out but still gave me 10% off which was nice.

I did a quick google-search to find out a little more about this "balloon pop" thing. I'm not the brightest bulb in the area, but my calendar doesn't show March 2nd as being Saturday.

I cannot find how old this "google search" is. I assume it is fairly current?

I got this:

Image1.jpg

I assume you get the balloon at check out?

No need for anything at Sportsmans ATM. But, if you get the balloon / discount before checkout may be worthwhile.
I obviously don't know but I can't imagine it is at checkout. That'd lead to some really crappy situations like:

Hey, I'm hoping to get lucky so let me grab that $3,000 rifle. (Gets to checkout and wins 10% off)
Well, I gotta go, please put that rifle back on the shelf for me.

I did a quick google-search to find out a little more about this "balloon pop" thing. I'm not the brightest bulb in the area, but my calendar doesn't show March 2nd as being Saturday.

I got this:

View attachment 664307
Saturday, March 2nd, happened in 2019. Good try though.

I got this:

View attachment 664307

Just checked spam email folder. This year's is the 29th, tomorrow.

Hmmm...just thought of something. My daughter is 19 months and loves balloons. If I pop one to get whatever is inside, she may lose her ever-loving mind on the spot. Hmmm...I wonder if I can get another balloon...followed by another....and another...:D

Looks to be at checkout, according the terms:

DESCRIPTION
The first 300 customers through our doors will be given a ticket to redeem for a balloon at check out for between 5% and 100% off of anything in your transaction (even guns)! First 100 Loyalty Members will receive an extra balloon and the greater discount will be applied. Discounts may not be combined. One ticket per customer. The Balloon Pop promotion is not applicable on gift cards, licenses, or prior purchases. Limited to stock on hand. Cannot be combined with other discounts, offers or coupons. See store for more details.

Hard pass, for us.

However would be worthwhile to folks whom are planning a shop there anyways nearterm.

If you look at the pic @AMT posted it shows you get your balloon at checkout. Also, March 2nd is on a Monday according to my calendar, LOL

I'm trying to find a more current ad (like one for this year. :D)

I hope it's not "at checkout". I think Hueco may have hit the nail on the head regarding walking away from the purchase after popping the balloon. (you know how people are now-a-days :rolleyes:)

Looks to be at checkout, according the terms:

.......However would be worthwhile to folks whom are planning a shop there anyways nearterm.

I got a gift card for Christmas that is burning a hole in my pocket. I may have to go just to "stock up" on a few items. :)

Alright so I called Sportsman's to ask about the checkout thing and ...

The discount is surprised at checkout. I said, "Well, what if the discount I get is directly proportional to the amount I spend?"

The response was, "That's all a part of the game."

Still might go grab myself a gun...still might walk out leaving it on the table if the discount isn't big enough.

Hmmmm.....(Yea, I know it's a dick thing to do)

Yeah, bit of a gamble as it's at checkout, whilst the whole having to bail and re-shelve the gun thing might be an issue (background check already done etc.) Could you imagine the lines to just get a free balloon (black Friday style) and then selling coupons they get to people.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top