JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And this is precisely why we get stuck with sh1tty customer service at the retail level. People are afraid to seek out management to make a stink. Managers don't have to deal with customers, don't have to hold their employees accountable and the cycle perpetuates.

I think one of my local Home Depot uses facial recognition to identify me when I walk through the doors with immediate notification to all its management staff. They do not want to see me coming in these days. They should be afraid of the customer, we should not allow the kind of crap the OP describes to go on. Take your cell out, film these guys doing this crap, put them on the spot, and the upload it to Tik-Tok, FB or Twitter, whatever. At this point, only public shaming is gonna work to get retailers in line.
I have been in retail for more than 25 years and have witnessed everything I mean everything you can imagine. My expectations as a manager for at least 20 of those years are extremely high but I can say beyond a reasonable doubt the amount of bad customer service is far less than unruly customers. I mean 90%- 10% very lopsided! I'm guessing @Old Dog knows what I'm talking bout.

Last Edited:
$7 a box for S&B ammo isn't a great deal anyway. Most of the employees at SW are part timers. Most work 3 jobs. Shop Bi-Mart or Northwest Armory for decent service. Just a few years back NWA was selling CCI Brass 9mm for $169........per 1000 rds.

I've continued to have problems with Sportsman's Federal way Washington….. I tell myself every time too….. not to come back. They do hold a decent inventory on other stuff I'd like to purchase. But I will never buy any firearm (semi auto) that requires the DOJ check or "hold" period. Shotgun was different the last time I was there. Anyway……. Store policy ( they NEED a response from local authorities who conduct your check before release of weapon) if for what ever reason the Authorities don't get around to your check within 30 days you must start the process all over again…. Paying the fee again. Washington law states that they only have to wait 14 days before release weather they have a yes or no…. Sportsman's does not honor this. So theoretically…. You could pay the fee every 30 days and never see your weapon if your authorities just don't get around to it.

I can't recall the model number off hand but I have an AR10 and a Ruger American Hunter. Both 308 but the Ruger uses a single stack magazine. At Sportsman's those magazines are displayed next to each other. The Ruger mags are normally $30+ range but these were marked about $16.

I grabbed two and they range up that the higher price. Excuse me, I say. The price, blah blah. The lady says I got them from the wrong spot. They checked and found they mislabeled or the barcode was wrong. She didn't want to but said, well I can sell you one at the low price. I thought it was wrong but didn't go there for any mags that day. They also removed the remaining Ruger mags from the shelf.

I think that same mag is still in the wrapper. I don't shoot that rifle much. But, the store should have sold both at the displayed price. Yes they would have lost $30 between the two. I didn't push because the lady seemed more scared than indignant over the price.

Didn't read through all the replies but saw you called and complained. Personally I'd let it slide myself. One of the perks working at a place like that or any retail place is getting the pick of the litter. I make more money than someone working at sportsmans so i wouldn't complain that they are taking the good deals. Just seems like a petty thing to get bent out of shape about. Kinda like the PS5 crap going on. Can't find one anywhere but im sure all the employees at every store that does sell them snags them up for themselves to flip for profit. Perks of working retail. Plus you said you already told yourself you weren't gona shop there anymore but did anyways so you kinda shot yourself in the foot.

What does irk me about sportsmans is they didn't have a gun I wanted on hand but had it on their website and told me it was gona cost me an additional $50 to buy it off there site for shipping to the store.

So I recently purchased from sportsman which is something I told myself I would never do again! Well long story short they gave me no communication besides an email but what really pissed me off was the lie I was told! So I get to sportsman's start filling out the 4473 form and I start talking with the employees one of the employees says there was a glitch in the system and sellers and ballet 9mm was going for $7 out the door. I see the employee take every box and stash it for themselves. He even went as far as to say another employee took the last shipment and basically hoarded it for himself. So I see him doing the exact same thing and I ask the employees who is dealing with my paperwork can I buy a few boxes. They start coming up with all kinds of BS the guy is like I'm not sure they put more on the shelves I'm like I'm talking about the one I just saw you guys try to hide... I asked did somebody order it or can I buy it? He didn't say they were an order that was being pulled therefore I should be able to buy it! I think it is ridiculous and completely unfair to hoard ammo just for yourself and it was during your shift you can't do that in any retail business I have worked in I thought it was complete BS. The guy tries to make me feel better by saying well they aren't much cheaper than any other brand! I just find it ridiculous that they hoard ammo when there is a good deal going on. That really unfair in my opinion. I could understand before your shift but not right in front of my when it's something I want and you don't own it. Am I in the wrong from thinking this was a messed up situation?
That's what you get dealing with Cabela's (now), since SW was bought out I have stopped going there. It's too bad, they occasionally had some good deals and carried some hard to find items... not any more. Oh, and customer assistance sucks now. My $.02

That's what you get dealing with Cabela's (now), since SW was bought out I have stopped going there. It's too bad, they occasionally had some good deals and carried some hard to find items... not any more. Oh, and customer assistance sucks now. My $.02
Dude, you're a little late here... the sale was cancelled; Sportsman's Warehouse was NOT bought out by Cabela's/Bass Pro Shops. My local SW still has very large signs at the front door to that effect. And as far as painting with the broad brush, it's all situational and totally varies from store to store -- my local SW has pretty doggone good customer service for a "big box" retailer.

In any event, worrying about customer service from chain stores should be pretty low on our scale of things to obsess about. In my experience though, the folks that complain the loudest about businesses on the internet seem to be those that are least likely to actually address the issue in person when they're at the businesses concerned.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top