JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I walked through the Sportsmans Expo today in Portland and ran across the BiMart area.
They had pallets of Blazer Brass going for about $60 for 250 rnds, common calibers. They also had 325 Bricks of federal AutoMatch 22 going for 18 bucks a box.
The guy unpacking boxes said this was just the start. Whatch for this stuff to start flooding back into the stores.

So if you want to stock up on plinking ammo go to the show.

My Question, was what had changed? For the last 7 or so years 22 was hard to obtain and BiMart was limiting people to 25-50 rounds of 22 a day if they had any.

SCALPERS is what happened to the 22 market, there have been some on here as well....

They are all too busy out there protesting the new president to run to the store and buy up all the 22lr ammo... Like I've said many times, some here may have also taken offense to it, I hope those hoarders and scalpers choke on it when the prices come back down and they can't get rid of it.....;). I've been seeing a lot more 22lr lately as well and the prices have come down big time. We'll be seeing more and more of that as time progresses too...

Last Edited:
Incase you guys didn't know this. Cabela's has removed their rimfire limits. This is online, don't know about the actual store limits. I will swing out to Tualatin today and check their status...

Last Edited:
They are all too busy out there protesting the new president to run to the store and buy up all the 22lr ammo... Like I've said many times, some here may have also taken offense to it, I hope those hoarders and scalpers choke on it when the prices come back down and they can't get rid of it.....;). I've been seeing a lot more 22lr lately as well and the prices have come down big time. We'll be seeing more and more of that as time progresses too...

I doubt the snowflakes you mentioned are adept at stockpiling ammo, they are to friggin lazy to do anything else but sit in mommas basement and play video games or at the tattoo parlor....:eek::eek::eek:
Not dissiNG on real people with tats just the snowflakes...;)

I had hear rumor a few years ago (3-4-5?) that either Remington or CCI had an unused area in one of their factories. Seeing the market dry for 22 they were supposedly going to convert and gear-up the area with machines to produce 22LR.

That is what I heard but cannot find anything confirming it.

FWIW dept. and that is my best guess at $0.02 worth....... :)

Screw bi-mart and their ammo limits. I used to buy 525rds of remington .22lr for $7.99 and yes I would buy 6-10 boxes at a time, this was before the ammo hoarders/scalpers started in and before Obama ruined the firearms market. I still have some of this ammo, and I have never sold a box. I have given a few boxes away to friends who coupdnt find ammo for months at a time. Ammos not something I sell unless im done with a caliber and/or consolidating calibers, even then I bundle it with a firearm. The market prices I dont ever see going back to what they once were, the companies that make ammo now know people will pay the prices so they will continue to charge those prices, so I will continue to stock pile ammo for my offspring and future generations of my family. Never thought id see a day when the candidate running for president of the USA, would run on a platform of doing away with the second amendment...

I had hear rumor a few years ago (3-4-5?) that either Remington or CCI had an unused area in one of their factories. Seeing the market dry for 22 they were supposedly going to convert and gear-up the area with machines to produce 22LR.

That is what I heard but cannot find anything confirming it.

FWIW dept. and that is my best guess at $0.02 worth....... :)
It's funny.. didn't CCI just come out with that leadless .22lr?
You'd think that'd take away from existing capacity.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top