JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Agree with velzey. I had a chance to buy one of the Kimber swedes ten years ago and now I'm kicking myself for not doing it. I now have three others swedes, but haven't found another Kimber. They were several hundred bucks back then, not sure what the value has risen to, but I've seen people ask up to $550 or $600...

The 6.5 military rounds of that era were designed to have a very high area of engagement with the barrel's rifling to ensure accuracy, all the 6.5's had nearly identical velocity but the Swede was noted as being among the top two due to the Mauser action. The 6.5 has been used successfully used on moose for decades due to bullet sectional density.

A friend of mine has one ... it is a very handy rough and ready rifle so to speak.
The sporter work is done nicely and his rifle shoots well with S&B ammo.
He had me fit a wood stock to it as the Ramline stock was , well the word terrible comes to mind.
The stock was all right I guess for a plastic one , but we both like walnut.
Andy

It did not fit him very well. The comb was too high, and the overall balance of the rifle was "off" if that makes sense.
A Bishop stock blank and weekends work made for an easy fix.
Andy

Last Edited:
Ranking stocks aren't bad, but like most inexpensive plastic stocks, they are heavy and they often have rough molding lines. It's an easy replacement with a Boyd's, etc...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top