JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Sporterized Enfield 1965 7.62mm 2a1 rifle for sale in 7.62x51 or 308 nato, this rifle has been sitting in the safe for years and I have never shot it nor do I know how many rounds it's had through it. The previous owner(my cousin) said it was a very accurate rifle, it is in very good condition for the age. It does have a coating on it but I am not sure if it's duracoat or krylon but it is very well bonded and durable. Action is smooth and bore appears clean and smooth. It has a picatiny rail with a Tasco world class Varmint scope on it in 6-24x50 I believe that is also clear and fairly bright. Ammo can in picture is no longer available. For the rifle as pictured I am asking $300 firm.

Thank you for looking 20170510_142142.jpg 20170510_142204.jpg 20170510_142225.jpg 20170510_142251.jpg 1494647520224151276392.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for clarification and the positive info on the weapon Ditchtiger, I really do not know much about it.

Again, am I way off on this?

I have been interested in these great rifles for some time now, and have watched their prices remain pretty steady for awhile. Unmolested and in original condition they bring $325 on up. Pretty common to see then sit for sale at $500-600. While the same rifles in similar shape get posted for sale and bought right up for 325-450.
Then we have nice sporterized ones that pop up for sale. Still great rifles, most of the time an optic has been added. BUT the value plummets on them. I see them quite often for $200-$350

So to be honest, maybe your price is a little on the high side.

Thanks for the input, although I'm not so sure I agree. These rifles as mentioned above by another member are well built straight shooters. Don't see to many big game hunter's without a scoped rifle anymore so I'm not sure I agree that adding an optic makes the value "plummet". Thanks for the input still

Its more of the sporterization thats done to the stock that decreases the overall value. I forgot to add that into my post. Most people are looking for original configuration.

I used the thread search tool here in detail before listing and again just now to see if i missed something and there really isnt a ton of these that has sold to compare that I can find. I do understand what you mean about the sporterizing changing it in the eyes of a purist or collector but some people actually use the guns not just collect them or to buy and sell them. That's not to slander the collector either, to each there own what they do with their tools but a sporterized gun is just more directed at a shooter is all. I guess we will just have to wait and see what she goes for, for $200 bucks it will remain where it's at though I do know that. ;)

Its more of the sporterization thats done to the stock that decreases the overall value. I forgot to add that into my post. Most people are looking for original configuration.

My thoughts exactly.

As to price? That is what anyone is willing to pay, and betwixt the buyer and seller.

Further to respectfully add, if someone isn't open to an answer, they shouldn't ask the question.

Being that the rifle has been cut up and a scope added I agree the price is in the $200-250 range and that's top dollar I have seen some going for $100-150 not very long ago. It's a very nice Enfield but it has lost its provenance. Even if the rifle had an original stock put back on the damage has been done. It has no real value now just what someone will pay for a non- original Enfield.
Good luck in your sale.

I usually don't comment about price and appeal in classifieds, but since the issue is already discussed, I will throw in my two cents.

I have owned several Ishapores (that was my first question - whether it was an Ishapore or not) and I do not particularly agree about the provenance. They are - IMO - not a particularly collectable/classic rifle. If it was a British Enfield then I would agree, especially one in 7.62x51 (which are rare, a different no./mk and would easily sell for twice the price), but Ishapores are common surplus rifles and easy to come by at decent prices (the ones I bought were $120 and $200 respectively over a decade ago, one as issued, the other cut down with a scout scope).

With the scope and the configuration, I think it would appeal to the right buyer although I am not going to comment on the price. I think it is probably not the best scope for that rifle (to each their own), but the scope would fit well on a varmint rifle or other long range rifle if the buyer already had something like that.

These make good stash rifles - most Enfields do - whether in .303 or .308, because IMO they are a better action than the Mauser for a SHTF backup rifle - reliable and fast. In a carbine with Scout scope config they make a nice brush rifle, and I would have no problem cutting one down to do that, unless it was a perfect collectable Ishapore, which I have yet to see an example of.

FWIW - I would add the barrel length to the ad.

GLWS

Does this rifle have the single locking lug or is a dual lug rifle. If it is a single lug like my 303 was that is a no starter for me.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.