Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sporterized 1895 Mauser 7MM Rifle

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by oldcorpgunny, Jun 18, 2013.

1. oldcorpgunny

oldcorpgunny Clark County, WA Active Member

Hello. I'm still helping an old friend divest himself of his firearms. Today he asked me to post this ad for a rifle that his father had given him. It is described in the title. This is a carbine version of the 1895 Mauser. It has a 21" barrel and a turned bolt. All the numbers match and it has a "Parkerized" finish. The manufacturer was DWM, so it was built after 1899 and therefore is not an "antique" according to the ATF. This rifle doesn't look as though it's ever been fired! It's in near pristine condition. $175.00 will get it into your hands.
    I live in Vancouver and any potential buyer may come to my home and look at the rifle.
    Feel free to email me or call with any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.
    My friend has now passed away and his widow is ready to negotiate a bit.
    UPDATE: This is a Chilean Mauser made in Berlin and all the numbers seems to match.
    Chuck (360) 574-7763

2. Spaz

Spaz Clackamas County Active Member

Most likely a 7x57 Mauser. I own one, excellent rifle. On of my favorite cartidges.

3. oldcorpgunny

I was reading on the internet about the properties of the "Spanish" Mauser and in the hands of a skilled marksman, it seemed to be a devastating weapon.

4. Spaz

Might be Chilean. To my knowledge the Spanish was a Model 93. There is a reason why I'm selling all my non Mauser based sporting rifles...

5. oldcorpgunny

My knowledge of Mausers is very limited. This has 1985 stamped on it and is from South America, but was brought home from Europe as a WWII souvenir! Perhaps you are correct in your assertion. I simply don't know. It's just a nice, light little rifle.

6. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

if it's a 7x57, think more like a 270 win in ballistics, pretty nice flat shooting round. very capable on most NA game.

7. finnmike

finnmike Vancouver, wa Active Member

Pics partic. Of the top and siderail of the receiver will help. Or give a text description of the markings.

8. Mongo1

Mongo1 Santiam Canyon Active Member

I have a similar Chilean Mauser. It was manufactured in Germany, then imported into Chile. They are now classified as an antique. 7mm measures .284 caliber. You might want to look on the Mauser forum for more info. The rifles in that era could be designed for black powder cartridges or modern smokless powder. I can't remember when the transition took place. The buyer should be informed before shooting that rifle.

9. oldcorpgunny

I will look at the site, thank you. However, when you consider that my friends father picked it up in Germany during WWII, I'm thinking that there is a high likelihood of the Germans retaining their export rifles, to use against the allies. The Germans adopted a variety of weapons from the countries that they conquered. I used to collect WWII hand guns and I've seen Radoms from Poland with the Nazi eagle on them as well as Italian Berettas with the swastika and the eagle. French revolvers and even British .303's from Dunkirk and North Africa. Finding ammunition must have been a nightmare for their logistics people.

10. oldcorpgunny

Bump

11. dmv9

dmv9 Seattle, WA Member

If only you were in Seattle, I might have taken it off your hands

12. Mongo1

I would like to email a file with the info on when a rifle becomes antique

13. oldcorpgunny

No thanks. This isn't any "antique." Bear in mid that Winchester's model 1894 is still produced today. It's the actual date of manufacture that provides the criteria for inclusion as an antique. I may qualify for that designation at my age!

14. Spaz

Clear your inbox sir.

15. oldcorpgunny

Bump

16. oldcorpgunny

bump

17. oldcorpgunny

Bump

18. Mongo1

I would be very interested at $150. I offer this because it will cost $50 for gasoline and a whole day to drive there and pick it up or maybe my offer will bring a better offer to you!

19. oldcorpgunny

Sorry, your offer is way too low. Thank you.

20. oldcorpgunny

You have to see this carbine!