JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it ain't one in 7 you can't send ISIS to Heaven.:D
Ruger because it rhymes with Luger and we know how badaZZ they are.
Brutus Out

One in 8 is mighty great... One in seven is 77 grain heaven... But one in nine still does just fine

One in twelve just doesn't rhyme, mostly cuz I won't spend the time.

Fisherman's Marine & Outdoor has the M&P Sport II for $499.99 and the Ruger AR 556 for $539.99... "SO COME ON DOWN!"
I feel like supporting them is good, if you're local and don't want to wait for shipping. They always have the hooks I want, so I like them.
I was just asking myself this same question... can't resist buying another gun, I've got the itch...

Well my plan was to get the car serviced and then go fondle both rifles and walk out tacticool. Instead I ended up spending my toy money on repairs that I couldn't have done without having to miss work, which isn't an option at this point. So it looks like I'll be saving up for a couple weeks and try again.
Good thing the market doesn't seem likely to go nuts anytime soon so I should be posting pics in short order.
Thanks to everyone for the informed answers and the funny ones.

Good luck on getting your new rifle! I'm in a similar boat, being both new to black rifles and not having a ton of cash to spend on hobbies.

As someone in similar shoes, I can tell you that strictly based on holding them in the store, I preferred the Ruger. It felt a little more solid than the S&W, the stock had less play and the casting, metal and furniture quality seemed a bit better. That's getting very nit-picky though and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase the S&W, if it was what was available, definitely acceptable for a firearm in that price range.

Just my $0.02. I look forward to hearing about what you think of whatever you end up with.

Just picked up the Sport 2 but have yet to fire it. Having owned the Ruger I can say that the fit and finish on it is nicer and shoots and functions flawlessly. I bet prices will continue to drop. Once the Rugers and Sports hit $400 I'll go with another Ruger

Shot the Sport 2 today for the first time. Zero malfunctions and the clay pigeons didnt't stand a chance at 100 yards. Wife said it felt rougher than the Ruger when cycling. I say they are both good enough.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top