JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I want to know under what authority they "seized the guns"? There is no law banning possesion of firearms on college campuses. I can see how the school could have asked them to leave campus (but one report I read said they are in off-campus appartments), but what law were they violating to get their guns confiscated? I hope they get some money out of this deal and send a message to colleges across the state.

No, I think the school is legally authorized to request them not have guns on campus, and legally within their right to take disciplinary action. The 2A does not apply to the school as a private entity. That being said, they can not "confiscate" their guns just because they violated school policy. Give them back, or charge them with a crime.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE !!!!!

UPDATE: KREM 2 News in Spokane is reporting that Gonzaga security officers on Tuesday returned two firearms to students Daniel McIntosh and Erik Fagan that had been seized two weeks ago following a confrontation with a would-be burglar who was scared off when McIntosh drew his pistol.

The firearms will be kept by their attorney, the report said.

READ ALL ABOUT IT:

Support for Gonzaga students nearly 3-to-1 over college, according to poll

The Seattle Times is running an unscientific poll in its on-line edition that shows supporters of two Gonzaga University students who were put on probation after using a gun to defend their off-campus residence from a convicted felon last month outnumber their critics nearly 3-to-1.

<broken link removed>

STILL TIME TUESDAY TO WEIGH IN ON THIS

I talked to a Keizer Bi-mart employee today that is a cousin to the father of one of the Gonzaga students and :

Apartment is allegedly off campus but owned by the University-

Allegedly the rental agreement from the school states that no firearms are allowed on premises, which students claim they were never given copies of-

After initial discussions with police around 11:00 pm, students went to sleep. At 2:00 am campus security banged on the door, and when there was no answer they used their key to let themselves in. Immediately began searching the apartment for firearms and found the shotgun. Security went into the bedroom and seized Glock handgun and could not even figure out how to get it out of the holster.

Both students are on probation and have not had their firearms returned to them yet.

Guess the University would have rather had the intruder, who was later arrested for having multiple outstanding warrants, rob / injure / who knows what to the students than to have them defend themselves.

Her relative did have a conceal carry permit for the glock.

We are just one major incident away from you know who issuing an executive order of Martial Law and anybody at anytime could face this exact same scenario.....

Unlawful confiscation of their firearms is illegal, that single point is theft, and if under intimidation, it is armed robbery. Technicalities do not count and they could win this and quite possibly get both of those campus"cops" charged with felonies. I hope they get a good attorney and push for that.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top