JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been a member of this forum for a while now, but haven't posted very much. I've decided to introduce myself. Most people call me "Butch". When I was 12, my dad took me down to the local hardware store and bought me a Remington 22 caliber bolt action rifle. And he took me out to the woods to teach me how to shoot. Later, A family friend used to take me out with my 22 and with his Ithaca lever action single shot carbine. That was a really great gun. But in my later years I didn't really do any shooting until about 2006. At that time I decided it was time for me to become acquainted with handguns. I bought a Sig Sauer P228, another great gun, now known as the M11A1. And A Smith & Wesson 686. Overtime I became interested in high-powered rifles and accumulated a number of those I also still loved lever action rifle's, especially carbines and I picked up three of those. Two .357 Magnum, and one .22LR. When I got my Washington CPL, also around 2006, I bought and sold a number of pistols, looking for the right carry weapon. I finally settled on the Sig Sauer P239 and a Smith and Wesson J frame.

I lived in Seattle for quite a few years and did shooting at the Kenmore range, Wade's Eastside Guns, and the Black Diamond Gun Club. At Black Diamond I was the newsletter editor for one year and I was the treasurer for a year. When Blackdiamond decided to change some of our procedures, I and a number of other members took an intensive one day course to become NRA certified range safety officers. I don't hunt, but I love hunting rifles. I enjoy the craftsmanship and enjoy target shooting with them. I just want to become as good of a marksman as I can.

One of my main concerns is the current state and future of the Washington state firearms laws. As I was growing up, Washington was known for having rural-friendly firearm laws. But lately there has been a big push, especially from the western side of the state, to make our firearms laws look just like California. This has me very sad because the 5 counties surrounding Puget Sound have enough votes to impose their ideas on the rest of the state. Ever notice that all the recent governors are either former King County Executive or former Seattle Mayor.

I look forward to learning more about the members of this forum. And, interacting with them. See you around the web!

Needless to say there are old farts over here in yUK, for one reason or another, and I'm proud to say that I'm one of 'em.

In spite of what you may have heard and read about shooting here in yUK, I've manged to both talk the talk AND walk the walk for most of my life, and have a nice little selection of stuff, mostly old. Some, of my guns, make that MOST of my guns, are older than I am, and they would be lot more interesting than I am to listen to, if they could speak. NONE would actually speak English, BTW. I hardly do that myself, so me and guns get on just fine.

Welcome.

Welcome aboard...:D

King County in Washington is just like Multnomah County in Oregon, both have enough votes to counter the state...:eek:

Welcome aboard...:D

King County in Washington is just like Multnomah County in Oregon, both have enough votes to counter the state...:eek:
I don't like to go all political very often. But I would like to point out that this is the same reason that I am skeptical about the idea of abolishing the Electoral College. If the president was chosen by popular vote, California and New York, who usually vote the same, have enough votes to pick the president every time. I find it amusing that both the Democrats and the Republicans have at times called for the abolishment of the electoral college. It seems whoever was the loser in the last election always wants to throw away the current system. I lean neither left or right. I choose my position issue by issue. It is probably obvious that on the issue of firearms, I lean pretty far to the right. And that will probably be my last political statement on this forem . I don't really like to talk politics. I'd rather talk guns.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top