JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
thanks "rufus" you kinda cleared my head, on my thoughts anyway .
"darkminstrel" had posted his thoughts,(he seems to be very knowledgeable)and also mentioned there going to be a segment on "mythbusters" . now we have waa- laa !

steven

i don't know how fast the average pistol bullet spins, but i know rifle rounds can spin in excess of 300,000rpm.... three hundred thousand revolutions per minute- think about how much momentum that is. in the absence of an opposing force in addition to air and ice friction, that sucker is gonna spin for a long time.

I'm just peeved that they specifically said that a Glock 9mm was used in the original vid, when it was obviously stated that it was a .40 Glock. I was concerned the difference in bullet mass and penetrative profile would call the myth faked due to an administrative oversight. ****, they probably just don't have a .40 in their armoury.

I agree not in their aresenal, and maybe because your average viewer has never heard of .40 caliber... but everyone has heard of a '9mm'...

I was shocked the original video and the myth was actually true. Never assume i suppose...

Here's something that is not the same but along the same line of unbeleivable. I fired a .30-06 with WW2 military ball ammo into a mud puddle about six feet wide. The water had recently evaporated or disappeared into the ground. The crater was the full six feet wide and about a foot deep. The bullet was laying right on the surface of the mud when the splach was finished.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top