JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just tried mine out today. I think i have a new favorite gun. I haven't had that much fun is sooo long shooting. It ran pretty much flawless on federal bulk pack ammo.

It is a spendy upper for a 22, but i honestly cant wait to take it out again. I shot 2.1k rounds today. It was so nice to be able to shoot the machine gun that much.

Now i am really thinking about picking up a lackside machine RAZORBACK. but i have to make sure it can be set up for full auto. the LM7 for 1800 is ridicules.

Any one have a LM7 or razorback, or ST-22 on an m-16. What are your impressions.

I am impressed that yours worked out of the box without jamming all the time. Don't get me wrong.....I think my Spikes .22 upper is a barrel of fun...even though it's only semi auto. When I first got it, I was darn near ready to flush it down the toilet. It took quite a bit of tweaking, tuning or whatever Spikes wants to refer to it as, to get the upper to function properly. Even now it gets picky about what it eats.I have had good luck with MiniMags and Federal bulk packs. The copper washed bullets seem to be the ticket. What ammo did you run through yours?

My had some hiccups with Minimags. But it was running great on the federal bulk packs. Aguila was running ok. The first 300 rounds of bulk pack it would FTE ever 20 or so rounds. after that it would do full mag dumps. i was getting a FTE ever 100 rounds or so. some duds or ammo related issues. How old is your kit? When i talked with Tom at spikes he reassured me that pretty much all of the tweaks are now done at spikes so they dont take as much work as they did before.

Loading the mags does indeed suck. Do they make a speed loader for the Black Dog mags?

I got my upper less then a year ago but it was during the Obummer rush.

Polishing the feed ramp and chamber really helped. They were pretty rough IMO. Polishing took out tooling marks and sharp edges. I also found out that the non copper washed bullets are a big no-no. Lead builds up and the bullets stick in the chamber or won't chamber at all.

There is a loader, but by the looks of it you still have to use your thumb. It definitely isn't like the 10/22 loaders.

I will probably pick one up in a couple weeks and let you know if it is any good.

I am trying to shootout any machining marks. it is feeding well enough i am pretty sure i wont have to do anything to it, but i hope it does smooth out more so i can shoot other types of ammo besides fed bulk pack. but i am happy that is what it likes.

Check out what I did to my BDM's. It sure makes loading them a lot easier.

100_2712.jpg
100_2713.jpg

I picked up a few more of the Black Dog magazines the other day. They were $18 a piece from 44Mag.com. This is the cheapest I found them so far. Does anyone know of an even cheaper source?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top