JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm looking to pick up a couple of spikes tactical SL-15 stripped lowers. I've heard plenty of good things of spikes tactical, though nothing specifically about the quality of their lowers. Anyone have any experience with them?

Also, who has the cheapest transfers in the Portland/metro area?

We have a few Spikes lowers that i built up,won't ever buy another Spikes Tactical product.
Long story short,buffer detent hole in the lower was machined too far forward,very little material was present.
Called Spikes Tactical to find out if this could be an issue,and if so how they wanted to handle it.Talked to some clown briefly,got put on hold for 26 minutes.
Hung up,called back and talked to a different person,same thing,got put on hold for way too long.
Never got anyone to discuss the problem.
On one of Wichakas visits,i had showed him the lower,we discussed it and both felt that it would more than likely not effect the buffer/detent.But with the associated cost,and knowing that the workmanship was subpar and the slight chance that the lower could fail i was going to give them a chance to take care of it.
Screw 'em,too many companies out there building the same parts that have better customer service.
my.02
RK

Rockkrawler, I too have talked to many folks about this same issue but that machine shop is no longer making them for Spike's.

To anyone who thinks Spike's machines their own lowers, you'd be wrong. They farm it out with a variance letter like 95% of all the AR "manufacturers".

As of now, Spike's is having MEGA build a lot of their lowers so the quality has gone up considerably. Personally, I'd rather have one that says MEGA on it with the atom as I don't like deer, spiders or punisher emblems on my guns.

Spike's lowers are good to go now, though and would have no problem recommending them based on fit and finish.

To the OP, if you want a MEGA, IM or email me, I'll get you set up with an FFL friend of mine here in Vancouver. :s0155:

For cheap transfers, try Fort Moe Arms. He's in Milwaukie but it's worth the drive as he's a great guy to deal with! http://www.fortmoe.com

Was this a more recent purchase or an older purchase Rock?

I was thinking after the boom the quality might have gone into the crapper.

It was purchased new within the last 6-7 months.
Yes,i have heard that Spikes is no longer having them made from the old supplier,but that still does not negate the obligation that they have to stand behind the product they sell.
Again,i say screw 'em,too many legite dealers out there that will stand behind the product they sell.
And i will add another vote for the Mega products,we have a few of the lowers that we built on,even a couple of their uppers that are waiting for barrels to arrive for new builds.
RK

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top