JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
*SPF* Here's one you don't see every day. Its an IMA hand-select antique Nepali Snider Enfield, a rifled single-shot centerfire breechloader, chambered in a monster .577 caliber. Perfect for annoying the AR shooters on the line with voluminous clouds of stinky BP smoke. It is pictured here with the breech block open. The metal has no pitting and has a nice patina, the wood is solid with no rot or wormholes.

Unlike my Martini Henry, this rifle is very cheap to shoot and requires no fancy exotic brass or special dies. I use 24 gauge plastic shotshells, blackpowder, and .595 and .600 ball and make my loads at the kitchen table.

$450 for locals, $500 shipped, includes is an original cleaning rod, reproduction sling, a book on Snider Enfields, and 50+ pre-primed 24 gauge plastic hulls and an equivalent number of .595 and .600 ball. This rifle dates from the 1880s, so I can sell to WA residents without an FFL.

Here is an excellent video (not mine) featuring the workings of this unique British design.

.577 Snider Enfield Mark III Shooting Range Report - YouTube

Keith

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.