JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Opinion here:
Where brass winds up is a rough approximation of the quality of the firearm.

If the casing is a side eject, you should expect them all to be in a specific area. Not so.
Remington R51 : who know where the F they will land. Side eject, yet some will hit you on the head, some will dribble out, etc.
HK P7 : About 20' away, in a 3' diameter circle, you will find all your brass.
Ruger SR1911 10mm : About 25 away you should find all your brass in about a 10° angle window.
Walther P08 : the one I shot, your lucky if you don't get a few down your back.
CZ75 : 10' away, behind you, all within a 6' wide swath.
Makarov : Don't even bother, they're steel cased, and who knows where they might be.
Ruger Blackhawk : open the door and eject each one into your hand..
Most other revolvers : flip out the cylinder. Yep, there they are.
Sig Mosquito : 6 out of 10 are stovepipes.
High Standard Field King : if the target is 12:00, the brass will be at 3:30, about 10' away.

Well it can be an issue during range clean up and finding all of your brass...:D

What was the comment....and more importantly ...what are your concerns regarding your guns...?
Andy
No concerns about my M&P 9. It more of a curious question because I've heard on a few videos and just trying to educate myself more. Thank you.

About what witch way the case is flying out of the gun .
Because with a AR rifle it could mean different stuff like over gas or something like that if the shells are fly forward your gun is over gassed if they are going straight to the side or a little bit back you are good but if they are going behind or basically falling at your feet you are under gassed .
Witch with all the problems can be fix a few different ways .
Adjust gas block or get heavy spring or lighter spring .
Or heavy spring with light or heavy bolt carrier.

So if it is a AR there are a few videos on YouTube that explains what to do .

THIS guy has a whole series of videos prat 1 2 and 3 all about AR gas problems.
They are all like 30 minutes long so I'm not going to post them all

Opinion here:
Where brass winds up is a rough approximation of the quality of the firearm.

If the casing is a side eject, you should expect them all to be in a specific area. Not so.
Remington R51 : who know where the F they will land. Side eject, yet some will hit you on the head, some will dribble out, etc.
HK P7 : About 20' away, in a 3' diameter circle, you will find all your brass.
Ruger SR1911 10mm : About 25 away you should find all your brass in about a 10° angle window.
Walther P08 : the one I shot, your lucky if you don't get a few down your back.
CZ75 : 10' away, behind you, all within a 6' wide swath.
Makarov : Don't even bother, they're steel cased, and who knows where they might be.
Ruger Blackhawk : open the door and eject each one into your hand..
Most other revolvers : flip out the cylinder. Yep, there they are.
Sig Mosquito : 6 out of 10 are stovepipes.
High Standard Field King : if the target is 12:00, the brass will be at 3:30, about 10' away.
You forgot Saiga 410: about 30' away on top of the shed.

Edit: to the OP it can change depending on the ammo brand/load where and how close together they land as well.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top