JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Seriously? Why would you spend that much on a $525 handgun? If people keep purchasing at stupid prices, people will keep selling at stupid prices. I guess if I was into turning a profit from stupid people I could sell my glocks for $650-$700 and then buy the same models again for around $500 when all this crap slows down. Just a thought :s0155:

Bottom line. People are morons. Glocks will not be banned or even be hard to get once this idiocy is over. If people are willing to pay it because they can't wait, that's their choice, but I have decided that if I can't buy something at pre-idiocy pricing, I am going to wait. Others don't seem to have my patience. I have bought some things, but have not paid the pre-scare pricing on them.

I think that most of us are pretty well set. We have seen the writing on the wall for quite some time. If you haven't been casually gathering bulk ammo and magazines since the sunset, you are wrong.

However, there are recent converts and newcomers who haven't been in the game as long as the rest of us. They will pay the price the market demands.

Seriously? Why would you spend that much on a $525 handgun? If people keep purchasing at stupid prices, people will keep selling at stupid prices. I guess if I was into turning a profit from stupid people I could sell my glocks for $650-$700 and then buy the same models again for around $500 when all this crap slows down. Just a thought :s0155:

You can check West Coast Armory for price Last thing I remember they have Glock gen 4 for 599 and S&W M&P for 499

We shouldn't get too high and mighty about calling people morons because they paid $650 for a Glock 17 or 19. It's fine for us to think the market will settle down and these items will again be available for their normal prices; however, we have to recognize whether people buy now or people choose to wait that it's a gamble either way.

While it looks like the Republican controlled House will block new gun control laws on the federal level, we don't know what the state legislature will do. –In some states, people have already lost their wait and see wager. The people who are spending a premium to get the items they want now are betting that they will not be able to buy certain types of firearms with detachable 10+ round mags in the future. Paying the premium buys certainty.

I'm not a fan of gun owners sticking it to other gun owners during this time frame but we should expect that if the prices get high enough, gun owners will be convinced to sell or trade some of the firearms, mags, and ammo they can spare or no longer use.

Hopefuly these recent record sales figures have sent a message to legislators. If no bans are imposed here, I thank them for paying the high prices. If we're lucky and keep the rights we have, prices will normalize.

People can pay what they want for guns. But they should realize that in six months when they need the money and go to sell that $650 Glock, there's very little chance that they are going to get out of it what they are in it. To me, a used Glock (to me that is gen 3, two mags) is a $475 gun. If someone wants to ask more than that, they won't get it from me...

As said before supply and demand.

Believe it or not there are people out there who want something so they buy it and don't care what it costs. My brother works on high end wakeboarding boats. Some customers will buy a new boat each year, even though its no different from the one they own with the exception of color. Another brought a boat back after 3 months and maybe 4 hours on the water and bought another. His reason was the boat didn't match his new truck. So, if someone is willing to drop 74-120k on a whim for a boat, I dont think they will care too much about spending 100 or 200 more on something as small as a gun.

As said before supply and demand.

Believe it or not there are people out there who want something so they buy it and don't care what it costs. My brother works on high end wakeboarding boats. Some customers will buy a new boat each year, even though its no different from the one they own with the exception of color. Another brought a boat back after 3 months and maybe 4 hours on the water and bought another. His reason was the boat didn't match his new truck. So, if someone is willing to drop 74-120k on a whim for a boat, I dont think they will care too much about spending 100 or 200 more on something as small as a gun.

Except they don't get to take that gun out and show off with it, getting the girls looking at them, making the biggest wakes possible......

Every "moron" who buys a gun in these troubled times is registering a "vote" for the 2Amend. It's a slap for the anti's and a comfort to our friends! I personally don't get it, but, a large segment of our population live, die, and make decisions by way of statistics. Good stats for us! I won't pay a premium for weapons or ammo, but, I'm not going to call names at those that do.

Every "moron" who buys a gun in these troubled times is registering a "vote" for the 2Amend. It's a slap for the anti's and a comfort to our friends! I personally don't get it, but, a large segment of our population live, die, and make decisions by way of statistics. Good stats for us! I won't pay a premium for weapons or ammo, but, I'm not going to call names at those that do.

I don't necessarily agree with that statement. I see a lot of people who are buying things who will probably put them in a drawer (partially because they can't find ammo to shoot) and forget about them. Unless these people become vested rather than just invested, they won't care. When votes come up, it won't bother them. They'll compromise. If we want to have a chance, we as shooters need to make an effort to get every one of these new gun-owning friends into it. Not just owning a gun for the sake of owning a gun, but out shooting, carrying, CARING. In order to win, they need to care...

I don't necessarily agree with that statement. I see a lot of people who are buying things who will probably put them in a drawer (partially because they can't find ammo to shoot) and forget about them. Unless these people become vested rather than just invested, they won't care. When votes come up, it won't bother them. They'll compromise. If we want to have a chance, we as shooters need to make an effort to get every one of these new gun-owning friends into it. Not just owning a gun for the sake of owning a gun, but out shooting, carrying, CARING. In order to win, they need to care...

A lot of those new gun owners will try out their new play prettys and I would think that some will become shooters. My comment was more related to raw data. I can visualize Feindork seeing that another 100,000 new guns were sold in X number of days and hissing like the viper that she is. Maybe she will have the big one (heart, etc)! I can dream cant I? I just see the huge number of gun sales as the people saying "We want guns!"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top