JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First, I will start by saying I am horrible with spelling and grammar, and this is the only reason I know this....

The radio button labeled "ABC" with a green check on it, top row, and far right of this text box is a spelling checker.

I am seeing a trend of people poking at people, and disregarding their opinion due to poor grammar, easily remedied by using this feature.

Not trying to be a d-bag, just saying, if you want to get your point across and not be criticized for spelling...use the feature. Alternatively, copy and paste in a Word doc if you do not want to download the spell check, which is what I do.

Ode to a Spell Checker

I have a spelling checker
I disk covered four my PC.
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss steaks aye can knot see.
Eye ran this poem threw it.
Your sure real glad two no.
Its very polished in its weigh,
My checker tolled me sew.

A checker is a blessing.
It freeze yew lodes of thyme.
It helps me right awl stiles two reed,
And aides me when aye rime.

Each frays comes posed up on my screen
Eye trussed too bee a joule.
The checker pours o'er every word
To cheque sum spelling rule.

Bee fore wee rote with checkers
Hour spelling was inn deck line,
Butt now when wee dew have a laps,
Wee are not maid too wine.

And now bee cause my spelling
Is checked with such grate flare,
There are know faults in awl this peace,
Of nun eye am a wear.

To rite with care is quite a feet
Of witch won should be proud,
And wee mussed dew the best wee can,
Sew flaws are knot aloud.

That's why eye brake in two averse
Caws Eye dew want too please.
Sow glad eye yam that aye did bye
This soft wear four pea seas.

--Author Unknown

Got to watch those Spell Checker's.:s0131:

They like to switch words on you and "Bubblegum" things up.:s0112:;)

I've been using "ie-spell". It's a free down load and installs under TOOLS in your menu bar.:s0155:

Jack:cool:

Ode to a Spell Checker

I have a spelling checker
I disk covered four my PC.
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss steaks aye can knot see.
Eye ran this poem threw it.
Your sure real glad two no.
Its very polished in its weigh,
My checker tolled me sew.

A checker is a blessing.
It freeze yew lodes of thyme.
It helps me right awl stiles two reed,
And aides me when aye rime.

Each frays comes posed up on my screen
Eye trussed too bee a joule.
The checker pours o'er every word
To cheque sum spelling rule.

Bee fore wee rote with checkers
Hour spelling was inn deck line,
Butt now when wee dew have a laps,
Wee are not maid too wine.

And now bee cause my spelling
Is checked with such grate flare,
There are know faults in awl this peace,
Of nun eye am a wear.

To rite with care is quite a feet
Of witch won should be proud,
And wee mussed dew the best wee can,
Sew flaws are knot aloud.

That's why eye brake in two averse
Caws Eye dew want too please.
Sow glad eye yam that aye did bye
This soft wear four pea seas.

--Author Unknown

Looks and reads like a Gaelic Blessing....

Last Edited:
I know I have horrible grammar and my spelling is'nt the best. If people don't like they can get bubblegummed. If they feel the need to put someone down or make fun of them for such insignificant mistakes they are the ones with the issues. :s0159:

The only problem with spell checkers is that a person can still spell all the words correctly, yet still look like a dumbash through improper use of common words. When I see such common errors made by people who supposedly should know better, it makes me cringe.

To, too and Two. There, they're and their. Your and You're.
These are my favorite.
I cringe when an opinion I agree with is poorly written or has spelling errors.
If it's an opinion I don't agree with, it's obvious the poster is an idiot! ;-)

I would have won my grade school's spelling bee if it weren't for an awful word - vacuum. :( So simple .... now.

Up until my early 20's I thought vacuum was spelled vacume...LOL! Aside from that I used to be a hot sheite speller, but now find that in my mid-40's I have to sit and think on words at times... my number one bane of all words was "foliage", but not in the spelling of it, rather pronouncing it "foilage". I was doing time in Latin American jungles back in the 80's and I guess Sgt. Tate couldn't take it any longer(I'll never forget it)..... " DAMMIT, IT'S NOT FOIL-AGE, IT'S FO-LI-AGE". LMAO... didn't even realize I was doing it. At least I don't call a chimney a "chimley", and I don't say "WaRshington", a roof is not a "ruff", and I NEVER have an "ideaR", nor want to go to "Cuber" to visit Castro. :s0112:

I would have won my grade school's spelling bee if it weren't for an awful word - vacuum. :( So simple .... now.

Up until my early 20's I thought vacuum was spelled vacume...LOL! Aside from that I used to be a hot sheite speller, but now find that I'm in my mid-40's I have to sit and think on words at times... my number one bane of all words was "foliage", but not in the spelling of it, rather pronouncing it "foilage". I was doing time in Latin American jungles back in the 80's and I guess Sgt. Tate couldn't take it any longer(I'll never forget it)..... " DAMMIT, IT'S NOT FOIL-AGE, IT'S FO-LI-AGE". LMAO... didn't even realize I was doing it. At least I don't call a chimney a "chimley", and I don't say "WaRshington", a roof is not a "ruff", and I NEVER have an "ideaR", nor want to go to "Cuber" to visit Castro, and regularly use a cauLking gun @ work... any other pronunciation would just be obscene. :s0112:

:s0112:
Up until my early 20's I thought vacuum was spelled vacume...LOL! Aside from that I used to be a hot sheite speller, but now find that in my mid-40's I have to sit and think on words at times... my number one bane of all words was "foliage", but not in the spelling of it, rather pronouncing it "foilage". I was doing time in Latin American jungles back in the 80's and I guess Sgt. Tate couldn't take it any longer(I'll never forget it)..... " DAMMIT, IT'S NOT FOIL-AGE, IT'S FO-LI-AGE". LMAO... didn't even realize I was doing it. At least I don't call a chimney a "chimley", and I don't say "WaRshington", a roof is not a "ruff", and I NEVER have an "ideaR", nor want to go to "Cuber" to visit Castro, and regularly use a cauLking gun @ work... any other pronunciation would just be obscene. :s0112:

Stomper - now you need to get one of those double-post checkers!

Spellcheking has mad eme a terrible speler. :) :winkkiss:

Thanks for the heads up on that button location!

To, too and Two. There, they're and their. Your and You're.
These are my favorite.

Those are some of my favorites too Mark.

Another one is loose and lose.

Screws come loose, but you lose a game.
Not the other way around.

Spell check will not save you, if you don't know the proper word usage.

Oh, and be sure to check the weather before you leave, to see whether or not you'll need your raincoat.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top