JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Now that all the pieces to the puzzle are together.
I'll be working up 6.5 X 257 loads soon and though it has taken a month of online research ( plus a new computer due to an encryption virus) weeding out the speculates, have found some fairly consistent starting load suggestions albeit still slightly gray since bullets differ. Nonetheless, I feel comfortable to move forward with confidence though maintaining a modicum of respect.
After all that, Some have referenced Speer # 8 manual list this particular caliber.
Anyone fortunate to have this particular manual and it indeed has this caliber, I would greatly appreciate a readable copy of that particular page/pages.
Multiple forums research on this particular manual have both praised it as the holy grail and given admonitions of load data errors due to a variety of mostly speculative reasons from bad copper crush pellets to printing edit errors.
With that said, I hold no one liable should a copy of the Speer # 8, 6.5 X 257 load data fall into my hands. (or any other published data you may come across)
Thank you kindly
Thor
P.S.
If this had been the WTB section I would have said I would entertain buying a clean reasonable priced copy of the manual however put that out of your mind as this is not the correct location for that solicitation.

Thought I still did, but apparently it walked off...
Quick Load will tell you what you want to know, just want to double check the water capacity of your cases

I've not known Quick Load so looked em up. A very interesting program however since I've been static in my loads the last 40 years and the 160 program fee is nearly the investment in the components of oddball caliber I'm playing with, seems rather unjustifiable. Then too, with the lack of easy access to specific powders, I'll have to admit I have had to be more creative for a couple of loads moving beyond traditional. Though there is the fact that I've never owned a gun that couldn't shoot better than I, so tweaking for accuracy ends up secondary, making the loading process nearly as fun as shooting and thereby justifying the cost. You can see how the mind works over time computing rational when it comes time to face the bookkeeper. For now I'll just wait for the referenced pages. If not, the fodder of starting load data collected thus far will be ok.
Thanks for the reference Darkker, I'll add it to my wish list.

RIGHT ON !!
Thank you Rick4070 I appreciate not only the hoops but bells and whistles you had to go through to post that. I've yet to figgure out how to put my photo's in a bucket.
Thank you kindly for your help and diligence.
Thor

It does help, and thanks again.
I see they not only have upped the powder options but are a little more optimistic on the velocities published in # 8.
Hey Rick4070! You're getting pretty good at that photo bucket thing! I almost feel like charging you for the training:)

One question, Thorborg, when you click on the links I posted, do you see JUST the data page, or do you also see a Photobucket page, with my full name on it?
On my computer here at home, I see a Photobucket page with various editing capabilities, etc., on the one at work, I only get the data page with no Photobucket stuff on it.

I'm presented with a clean scanned picture. No name, ads, BS, formatting, request to sign up,boarders, etc. rather like you opened one of your pictures in full view.
It's clean and pristine (as it should be) unlike a lot of links I've clicked on. GOOD JOB!

Sooner or later I'll need to figgure out how you do that URL stuff, I'm spoiled from copy and paste or "inserting" from "My Pictures" This uploading and linking to crap sux's and is not progress in my mind. and is yet another invaision of privacy albeit self inflicted.
Thor

Thanks for the info, I'm really a dinosaur when it comes to computers, and it kind of worried me when some personal stuff came up when I clicked on the links at home.
Also, Photobucket is about all I KIND of know how to do, and I'm really not all that comfortable with that, it seemed to take forever to be able to get the scanned photo file off of Desktop onto Photobucket, and then there are several different options for linking, I found that "direct link," is the right one to use, and not URL address, etc., hence the deleted post above...
I agree with you about all the URL, linking, etc., and privacy.
Photobucket used to be real simple, but it has gotten more and more difficult for me to use as time goes on, more and more bells and whistles that I don't need nor want.

Dinosaur? I'm 64 and struggled with Apple 2 in the 70"s, it's been a disasterious up hill battle ever since. Working on 64 bit windows 8 now and thinking of taking up drinking. It's really not good to have a computer in a room full of guns!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top