JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Sold.

For Sale is 250 rounds of Speer Gold Dot .38 Special + P, 135 grain, bonded JHP. This was originally bought in a bulk 250 round box, but I divided it into five 50 round bags. Stock #953921B. Please read all the responses for more detailed information.

IMG_7881.JPG

IMG_7871.JPG IMG_7874.JPG

Last Edited:
In all honesty the box has been gone for some time, but I originally bought it from surplusammo.com, the box was about 4.5 " square, and all white. If only practice ammo was sold this way then this would be that stuff. What is the difference, if you know?

You have a great memory. My box is white, 4x4 by 5.5" high. I found your post while I was looking for Speer short barrel 38. I bought the same stock # from surplus ammo back in 2011, advertised on their web page as being for Self Defense. When I saw the disclaimers on the box, I called Speer. They advised if so marked, it was not to be used for personal protection, due to failure to pass quality control. Surplus ammo immediately added a disclaimer "not for self defense" to the web page and acted as though that was there when I purchased it. However I had a screen shot of the original page. They still refused a refund. At any rate, what you have is the 38sp 135gr +P Short Barrel GDHP round with 7 sections in the expansion portion of the bullet. All the other GDHP I know of have 6 sections. I have shot 50+ rounds. They all go bang. Velocities for me out of a J-frame varied from 777-859, with most below 840.

I'll look for my invoice. if you got the good stuff, that is a good price for something that is hard to find. So far I found it at $33 for 50 rounds, plus shipping maybe $12.
EDIT: my invoice online had no mention of LE
Order #4895 Contained the Following Items:

Item Details

1 x <broken link removed>

Last Edited:
Thanks for all the info! I will assume that what I have is the same. That said, I am not going to give this away, but I will be a little flexible on both cash and trade offers.

Thanks to Dave for talking to Speer and finding out the bulk packaging is in fact how Speer differentiated these "seconds" from defense and LE Gold Dots. I would still trust my life with this ammo, but I say boo to both Speer for not just destroying them at the factory. Dropped price again, but this is as low as I go.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.