JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Go plead guilty or no contest and ask them if you can do a diversion (sp?). You will pay a fine and pay a little for an online traffic school but it will not go on your driving record as long as you stay ticket free for a year.

I just got a 260$ ticket for 90 in a 65 a few weeks back. Went to the courthouse, and the lady at the front desk cut it in half to 130$ cause i have a good driving record.

Ask for it to be reduced and they likely will. Definatly not any criminal charges. although excess of 100 is a felony charge in oregon.

For the diversion program to work, you need to pay the fine in full. If you can't afford to do that, then they will usually reduce the fine by about half. Then the violation will stay on your driving record. If you do the diversion and pay the fine in full, then you go to a class and it keeps your record clean.

Ask for reduced fine and next time you get a ticket, you will no longer be eligible for one or diversion. The only way to make this disappear is to get a judge to dismiss it. Best done with the help of a qualified attorney.

Exactly,

I got pulled over in Lewis County going to visit a friend. It was dark, and pouring buckets of rain, windy. Her driveway is hard to see from hwy 12 and is a 210 degree sharp right turn off the highway so I pull off to side of road slowing down to be safer. Forgot the turn signal so the local deputy sheriff comes half way up the driveway lights on. Gonna ticket me for failure to signal. And unfortunately I don't have current proof of insurance. I am arguing and he's standing in pouring rain. I offer to call my insurance co. to prove it he soays no dice. I ask for a badge, name and badge number he says the embroidered badge on his wet jacket is badge enough. So I say lets go talk to the supervisor in Randle (17 miles away). Also I realize another deputy is shining a flashlight for him. I say, make sure you bring your buddy. I am pissed but I am in the car not getting nearly as wet. I am still jawing at him when he walks off and drives away. I go to court....long story shorter. He forgot to sign the report, and when I was in court the judge was P O'd and said "I've told these officers over and over if they don't sign the complaint, it gets thrown out." SO I dodged a $680.00 ticket. :s0155: Lesson, show up in court, yeah, you are guilty but sometimes they cut it in half here in WA, it has been my experience.

Brutus Out clean driving record and a cpl.

I wouldn't for a moment hang this on a prayer, get an attorney. It's possible they can get it completely tossed if not reduced to < 20 or < 10 over. They run $250/300.

Saying that you were doing 80 was ill advised. Much better to say you are not sure or respond with a question like 'well you pulled me over so was I speeding?'

Now the judge will see that you willfully were driving 80, were aware of it, but didn't care.

Worse than just being 'careless.'

For all of you that get tickets often, you need to look into prepaid legal. I pay 20.00 a month and have a lawyer whenever I need for no additional cost to me. They will go to court for you and you are not required to show up. A couple years back when I had my 99' M3 I got a 1850.00 ticket for going 67 in a 35, illegal tint on windows, illegally tinted sidemarkers and tail lights, illegal headlights, and no front liscense plate. My PPL lawyer went to court for me and got everything thrown out except for the part for no front liscense plate, which he got reduced to 35.00. plus its a non moving voliation so it doesnt go on my driving record.

Well, I the last guy to preach, so I won't. Man many tickets. I drive 3,000 a month. Since I've decided to slow down, my stress level lowered. Seems like there's way more cops these days.

At least it was a legit ticket. I was pulled over in eastern WA doing 35 0n some country road posted 55mph. The Trooper was trying to site me $400.00 for loud exhaust at the same time. Trying to instigate and inflate the situation making more and more demands like pushing the 700lb mc in the gravel three times, waving his baton in my face. Insisting after three starts my pipes were loud but the radio was playing and he didn't know how to deal with that.
As I would no longer comply to his wishes having my wallet resting inside my helmet on the foot peg, I said no I would not bend over to retrieve my wallet you have my OR drivers lic.
I actually thought he and his buddy that showed up in a civilian Jeep were going to bat my brains in.
When he returned from the patrol car he handed me a ticket for not wearing a helmet, which I removed from my head upon his first approach.
I spent the remainder of the four thousand dollars set aside for the road trip out side the State of Washington. Although I had planned for several years for this month long tour through the State of Washington. This is one state I will never support and avoid even buying gas from unless I am left no option.

By the way
The back of the ticket said if you pay the ticket no points will be appointed to your driving record.
If you fight and win the case against the fine, points would be appointed against your driving record.
What a state.
Silver Hand

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews