JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
so i was on my way with my fiance to silver creek falls to go hiking today and sure enough my foot was a little(a lot) heavy and i got ticketed for 81 in a 55. my violation is ors 811.111. violating a speed limit. my question is am i subject to a misdemeanor charge? or would the sheriff have arrested me if i was committing a crime? ive done a lot of research and all i can find is that its only a class b traffic violation for 21 to 30mph excess. from my understanding i just show up for court. state my plea and pay the fine? any input or knowledge of traffic violations would be great. i have a clean driving record and am just worried because im about to go meet with the sheriff for my CCL and a misdemeanor is the last thing i need.

thanks guys
michael

No, there is no misdemeanor charge, its only a violation. If you had been going in excess of 100 (I believe) you maybe subject to additional charges, which could lead to a criminal arrest.

Deal with it how you wish, but it won't show up in a criminal history search only on your driving record.

well theres no doubt that im guilty he asked how fast i was goin i said around 80. ha thanks for the quick replies and peace of mind.

PLEASE tell me you weren't on the road from Silverton to the Falls (hwy 214) when you did this? 81 is way past safe on that road. Farm machinery and trucks run that road. As do half drunk Picnickers. If you were on the backside even worse.

PLEASE tell me you weren't on the road from Silverton to the Falls (hwy 214) when you did this? 81 is way past safe on that road. Farm machinery and trucks run that road. As do half drunk Picnickers. If you were on the backside even worse.

yep 214. i live north of keizer about a mile and should have just took hazelgreen out there but we didnt leave from home to get there and 214 was the way to go. i have driven that road before with farm equipment and what happened was i just wasnt payin attention thus my speeding ticket. it actually was on cascade hwy right as u turn onto 214.

had i been drivin my truck i wouldnt have been speeding. every dang time i drive her car i end up speeding. i need to pay more attention. i deserved the ticket

whyd you say that....its 50/50 he had a radar lock if you even saw him.

because i dont know the law as well or better than the sheriff that cited me. i do know that i have my rights and i chose not to argue with him or say anything that could be used against me as i could have potentially made the whole situation worse for me. and i was nervous as i had my 9mm on the back seat in plain site(like you're supposed to without a ccl) but with no mags/ bullets anywhere in the cab thankfully. they were in the trunk.

My brother slips his ccl to the cops when he gets pulled over. Always gets off. That's in Idaho

when i get mine i plan on doing the same. in my ccl class my instructor said the authorities appreciate it when you hand it to them.

im just glad my ticket isnt check marked in the "reckless" box

It's only a violation. Even if you no-show to court, they'll just find you guilty in absentia, and in a couple of months, you'll get your license suspended.
Go to court, if you wish, fall on your sword and ask for leniency.
You can play the odds and ask for court date by pleading not guilty. If the officer is a no show, you get found not guilty. If he does show, you're likely screwed.
Your chances for a reduced fine are better just pleading guilty, if you indeed are.

It's only a violation. Even if you no-show to court, they'll just find you guilty in absentia, and in a couple of months, you'll get your license suspended.
Go to court, if you wish, fall on your sword and ask for leniency.
You can play the odds and ask for court date by pleading not guilty. If the officer is a no show, you get found not guilty. If he does show, you're likely screwed.
Your chances for a reduced fine are better just pleading guilty, if you indeed are.

yeah id much rather go to court and plead guilty or no contest and only miss a half day of work instead of try to fight it and lose anyway and miss more time at work. im in the automotive industry i dont get paid hourly i get paid flat rate and if theres work i gotta do it otherwise i dont get paid.

I suggest getting a lawyer to do the talking for you. Yes, it's more expensive, but your driving record will stay clean and your insurance rates will not go up. Often times, you do not even need to show up as the lawyer will do it on your behalf. I have successfully contested every single traffic violation ticket I've been given (both well deserved and undeserved) with the help of a good attorney.

I suggest getting a lawyer to do the talking for you. Yes, it's more expensive, but your driving record will stay clean and your insurance rates will not go up. Often times, you do not even need to show up as the lawyer will do it on your behalf. I have successfully contested every single traffic violation ticket I've been given (both well deserved and undeserved) with the help of a good attorney.

No way. How much does the attorney cost per ticket?

so i was on my way with my fiance to silver creek falls to go hiking today and sure enough my foot was a little(a lot) heavy and i got ticketed for 81 in a 55. my violation is ors 811.111. violating a speed limit. my question is am i subject to a misdemeanor charge? or would the sheriff have arrested me if i was committing a crime? ive done a lot of research and all i can find is that its only a class b traffic violation for 21 to 30mph excess. from my understanding i just show up for court. state my plea and pay the fine? any input or knowledge of traffic violations would be great. i have a clean driving record and am just worried because im about to go meet with the sheriff for my CCL and a misdemeanor is the last thing i need.

thanks guys
michael

If you have the time,go to court, perhaps the officer might be busy that day and not show, which somtimes means you can get it dismissed, if the officer is a no show. If you have the financial ability, lawyer up.. can't beat it if you dont try. not the end of the world though as far as tickets go.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top