JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
2010 Duramax with lots of piping exhaust 50 over injectors and Danville 68 mm Turbo with EFI live tuning. I've hit 146 and it had more......but it is lifted on 35in mud tires....so faster was not a good idea with those tires

NHTSB: An Analysis of Speeding-Related Crashes Definitions and the Effects of Road Environments 2009

Exceeding Posted Speed Limits and Driving To Fast For Conditions

US DOT HS 809 839 June 2005 Technical Report Analysis of Speeding-Related Fatal Motor Vehicle Traffic Crashes

US DOT Summary Report: Development of a Speeding-Related Crash Typology

I post all the above because I just can't find any study done by DOT, or NHTSB or any of the other traffic safey or transportation groups that actually says going the speed limit when other people are speeding is more dangerous than speeding. I hear people say it all the time. I'd just like anyone to please show me where a real study says that.

"Driving too fast for conditions" is the catch-all phrase used by traffic "experts" (insurance company stooges) to spread the blame in an accident. The driver was going "too fast for conditions" even though he was doing 25 mph under the posted speed limit. He should have allowed for the fact that someone might ignore a red light and violate his right of way, so he was driving "too fast for conditions".

""Data ex-tracted from the Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS) show that the driver-level attribute "driving too fast for conditions or in excess of posted speed limit" is the critical contributing factor in more than 99 percent of all speeding-related fatal crashes, as de-fined by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration."

And 99% of all heroin addicts started out on mother's milk. That does not make breastmilk a contributing factor to heroin addiction.

I always think it's funny when younger folks come driving by with that Super Secret Squirrel exhaust going...on a FOUR cylinder car. They think it sounds like Detroit V8 power or something, when half the time it is rattly and tinny, with occasional popping. There's a reason why classic Chevys still go for big bucks, and if one of these kids owned one, they would understand why. Floor it, baby. You ain't gonna hurt it. When I was younger I would power brake, and fry the tires off so much sitting at the intersection waiting for the light....

That when it turned green, no one could see the light anymore anyway. (*insert evil laugh HERE*)

I posted this in a similar thread...

It was the stretch between Bend and Burns, not another car in sight, and the roads clear and dry (I shouldn't give out my sources). Reminds me of a song from my youth (gives an indication of how old I am).. "Brakes are good... tires, fair"...

140mph.jpeg

She had a lot more left in her but a side wind was coming up. I have an app on my phone that is extremely accurate. The reason for the other numbers being lower, is because I forgot to turn the app off after the trip!

Before the virus thing I was going into town about once a week. Occasionally, I'd see some exotic car like a Lamborghini making noise and going pretty fast. You could actually hear those before you saw them; the loud exhaust noise feature is a "look at me, see what I've got" device.
Personally I think if you can hear it before you see it, it isn't going fast enough.

1) Had my Stroker Ironhead to 105 mph going up the hill (5-6% grade) into Lake Stevens. There was more, but that was as far as I wanted to push it.

2) '03 F250 Triton V-10 cruises easily @ 85 mph with surge ahead power when I step on it. 11-12 mpg @ any speed under any conditions.

3) Exhaust note: Yeah, the rumble of a V8 is cool, but there's no smartazz exhaust like a built 6 with headers thru Cherry Bomb glasspacks.

4) Interwebz says our '14 Hyundai 2.0 Turbo has a top speed of 153 mph, not likely that I will ever try it. I did hit 110+ in passing up in the Sierras, with more to go.
Yeah, that ain't fast until you do it in the mountains on a windy road.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads