JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As of right now, there are no speed steel matches currently being held at TCGC (I don't foresee that changing anytime soon).

I was at this month's board meeting and while there, I asked the board about the current situation with regards to speed steel. While Mr. Cox (president) was aware of matches not being held, it seemed to me at least, that the rest of the board members were a bit surprised by that revelation.

So if are a member of TCGC or even a non member who participates in speed steel at TCGC, it would behoove you to contact Mr. Russ Cox via email, briefly stating that you want speed steel matches to resume.

The TCGC board needs to hear from you. Now is the time for your voice to be heard!

Mr. Cox's email is: [email protected]

Thank you in advance.

I've been shooting stages while I sleep, some nights. I seem to be getting faster.
Apparently I talk in my sleep sometimes. From what the wife was telling me, near as I can figure, I was playing RO somewhere. Said I kept repeating "Shooter ready, Stand by.
If it weren't for dreams, I would not have any fun. Although, no shoot fee nor ammo costs!

I find that very interesting because they have resumed Sunday Sporting Clays at TCGC. I wonder why they feel they can do sporting clays safely but not speed steel. I haven't shot speed steel for a while but was thinking about doing it again. I guess I figured that if they were starting up sporting clays that speed steel and action rifle would be back on again.

A couple of Sundays ago, I was in the action bays and there was an IDPA match (or similar) going on. Lots of cars. If they can hold one of those I don't see why they can't do speed steel.

I find that very interesting because they have resumed Sunday Sporting Clays at TCGC. I wonder why they feel they can do sporting clays safely but not speed steel. I haven't shot speed steel for a while but was thinking about doing it again. I guess I figured that if they were starting up sporting clays that speed steel and action rifle would be back on again.

A couple of Sundays ago, I was in the action bays and there was an IDPA match (or similar) going on. Lots of cars. If they can hold one of those I don't see why they can't do speed steel.

Let Mr. Cox (TCGC president) know via the email link above, with your thoughts and concerns. :)

As far as I know all the matches have resumed except SS. IDPA has been running the last two months.

You are aware the BoD doesn't put on the match.

Alex and Nick may have very good reasons to not want to put on a match right now. Try contacting the organizers and see how you can help put on the match, maybe even take over MD duties for a month or two.

You are aware the BoD doesn't put on the match.

Alex and Nick may have very good reasons to not want to put on a match right now. Try contacting the organizers and see how you can help put on the match, maybe even take over MD duties for a month or two.

Point 1 is known.
Point 2 has been addressed by some very sincere and engaged individuals on this forum, and all offers have been made.

I'm happy to announce that TCGC Speed Steel will resume on August 2nd! The match will be limited to 70 entries. Please don't expect to enter multiple guns / multiple divisions.

Best,

ac

Here's the latest information I have to share:

For our August match, registration will be day-of-match and in-person (although different from our usual procedure), $13 cash, and limited to 70 entries. Consistent with the latest Oregon State and TCGC policies, masks are now required (including outdoors) when people aren't physically distanced, so be prepared to wear a mask (including while shooting, ROing, scorekeeping, socializing, etc.)

Best,

ac

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR