JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thinking about trying this but there is not that much information on their website and when I tried to email the match director I needed a password to do it. So I guess my questions are: Are they still doing it and if so what day and what is the start time?

Thanks

They are still having the Speed Steel matches at TCGC. They are held on the 1st Sunday of the month (next match is Feb. 1st).

Shooters meeting is at 9am and they start shooting right after the meeting. Try to get there by 8:30 so you have time to sign-up etc.

Sign-up is in the stat shack and is $12. No assigned squads, people just divide up into equal numbers.

They have 6 stages, each stage is (usually) 5 shots per string and 5 strings per stage. 150 rounds if you don't miss :). I miss a lot so I bring plenty of ammo.

You can shoot 22 rimfire, pistol and rifle (start from low ready), center-fire pistol (draw from holster), or pistol caliber carbine (low ready start).

Here's the link to their website
http://orss.org/

If you have any other questions let us know, I'm sure somebody on here has the answer.

They are still having the Speed Steel matches at TCGC. They are held on the 1st Sunday of the month (next match is Feb. 1st).

Shooters meeting is at 9am and they start shooting right after the meeting. Try to get there by 8:30 so you have time to sign-up etc.

Sign-up is in the stat shack and is $12. No assigned squads, people just divide up into equal numbers.

They have 6 stages, each stage is (usually) 5 shots per string and 5 strings per stage. 150 rounds if you don't miss :). I miss a lot so I bring plenty of ammo.

You can shoot 22 rimfire, pistol and rifle (start from low ready), center-fire pistol (draw from holster), or pistol caliber carbine (low ready start).

Here's the link to their website
http://orss.org/

If you have any other questions let us know, I'm sure somebody on here has the answer.

Fantastic, that is just what I needed to know, I hate to show up some where only to find out that I have bad information.

MD11Noser

@MD11Noser You can hang by the gates (2 of them) until someone else opens it, or email the director from the SpeedSteel page. Follow the road to the Police / Action range and park where indicated.

Note, there are Tri-County rules you need to follow.
Notably - no muzzle over the berm - covered before each match. Mostly this can occur when you are changing mags' between strings.
No handling a loaded firearm when it is not your turn on the line - for many that means your concealed carry piece can't be taken off in the parking lot - either plan ahead and do that before you arrive, or make arrangements with the MD.

If you do not have experience in competitive shooting, ask a few questions on your squad, we are, mostly, a friendly bunch.

Bring water.

Nimitz, on the Enos forum, is a USPSA A class and very competitive steel shooter. You should read his notes about steel target order. If I get time for steel any time soon, I will try it his way.

Didn't make it yesterday, didn't feel to great on Saturday and then woke up to rain and decided that it might just be better to sit this one out. Maybe next time

It was good fun, as always, but the weather was a little bleak.
" Only" 52 hardy souls made it out this month...usual turnout is closer to 70.
Made for a fast match though...

Man of Steel ran over the weekend.
About 115 shooters. Which was pretty good - 9 squads and moved reasonably fast.

Thanks to Nick and his hard work to put this on.

Thanks to the sponsors - Northwest Armory, Gerber Knifes. (any I missed? )

There were over 100 knives awarded. I got a really cute one which someone told me is TSA Safe - Cute (and small) There were good Tomahawks, Benchmade Knives, Gerber Multi-tools, a good selection.
There were about a dozen firearms awarded. I was glad to thank them while I was there yesterday.
Do the math, that was 1 in 10. So, next year, what match are you going to register for?

Nick also provided an excellent spread for lunch.

Thanks to Alex for doing all the score keeping paperwork, and many other duties.

Thanks to the volunteers who came out Saturday to setup the stages.

Thanks also to TriCounty, the facility handled the event - along with classes which were going on, and the members were there using the other ranges.

Congratulations to Ryan, who I got to shoot with. Other members of the squad tried to help me to keep him off balance all day. Shooter ready .... Stand BEEP! by ....
Just sayin' we tried.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top