JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Finally got to come out to one of these. Wound up in squad 2. Tons of fun, but it's giving me an itch for an actual competition gun. :eek: Time to start saving up for that Shadow 2 I want. :D

Later this afternoon, the results for today will be up on practiscore.com.
click on results, then type orss in the search box and it will show you match results for today's match as well as past matches.

Make sure to sign up for an account, it's free. It will keep track of future matches you have signed up for, as well as status (if you have been approved, squaded or paid, depending on the match) as well as suggest other matches you might be interested in.

So limited is on optic right. And you are put in a group that was like you. Like I was 22 open sights and there was 4 other people running the same rig. Am I getting it right?

I turned in my usual mediocre performance, 28th over all and 9th in 22-O.
It looks much better when I compare myself only against the other women, 3rd out of 10.
Next month I might try Limited.

Stupid, stupid, stupid Stage 2. I just couldn't figure that one out. Coulda gone from 4th in Limited to 2nd with a decent time on that one. Oh well. Next time. :cool:

Had some rain early on, but turned real nice about the time we finished up.

A strange day - it was just different.

I had a couple of strings I'd like back. I miked a plate, knew it, came back, missed again, didn't catch that, kind of moments.

As always had a good time.

Fun day, and it was kind enough to quit raining just about the time we finished up!
I also missed a plate I could of swore I hit. I have trouble hearing them when they
get farther away so sometimes I shoot an extra round to make sure...this time I didn't
and of course it was the one time I missed!
Had one dud which surprised me, I seldom have issues with Mini mags. But other than
that, every thing went smoothly.
Looking forward to next month.

November 5th Sunday

ORSS.org – Oregon Speed Steel

If you haven't been before, contact the organizer at the above link.

Search this thread for FAQ info.

One rule which should by now be well understood, but is tripping people up is:

SAFETY IS ON.
Starting Positions
  • For All Firearms: The primary safety must be engaged for/during the start signal on every string of fire.

At the Buzzer, you may move the safety to shoot.
After you stop shooting, put the weapon back on safe - or unload and show clear.
This is for each string.

You cannot put the gun on shoot the whole time you are in the box.
This applies to 22lr shot from low ready, and carbines. Yes, you have the gun in hand and loaded, round in chamber.
Safety must be on / engaged / until the beep.

Practice in Dry Fire.

Some 22 pistols have more challenging safetys - same with some carbines.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top