JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And apparently they're incorrect...
The "Final Limit" stage was incorrectly scored. This was the stage where you could decide to remain in one shooting box and shoot all 5 strings, with the slowest being thrown out, OR shoot from 2 boxes (moving while the timer was running) and shoot just 4 strings, again with the slowest being thrown out.
However, those of us who chose to shoot 4 strings and move had ALL 4 strings included in the score, affecting our times significantly.
Another Match participant created a spreadsheet with the scores corrected, and it changes the outcome of the match significantly.
It's Amateur hour over there at TCGC maybe you should try going to ARPC for a proper SS match

And apparently they're incorrect...
The "Final Limit" stage was incorrectly scored. This was the stage where you could decide to remain in one shooting box and shoot all 5 strings, with the slowest being thrown out, OR shoot from 2 boxes (moving while the timer was running) and shoot just 4 strings, again with the slowest being thrown out.
However, those of us who chose to shoot 4 strings and move had ALL 4 strings included in the score, affecting our times significantly.
Another Match participant created a spreadsheet with the scores corrected, and it changes the outcome of the match significantly.

@ac4wordplay
Did the scores for the September Speed Steel match at TCGC ever get corrected?
The last stage, "Final Limit", was scored incorrectly...see above.
Thanks

@ac4wordplay
Did the scores for the September Speed Steel match at TCGC ever get corrected?
The last stage, "Final Limit", was scored incorrectly...see above.
Thanks

The stages that Nick gave me for the September match included "Outer Limits". "Final Limit" wasn't included. Nick decided not to use stages that included competitor movement while on the clock ~ five years ago (or more? if he's changed his mind, he hasn't told me), so this September match's scoring discussion/discrepancy was unexpected to me. With the information that I've received from the MD, the scores are correct to the best of my knowledge.

Early this month I encouraged Nick to adopt online advance registration/payment/squadding for the October and near-future matches, and I've offered to perform these functions (still using Nook/Practiscore scoring). I've had a family emergency that hasn't resolved and there are continuing issues that require lots of my time and attention. With these additional family/eldercare responsibilities, and based on associated Covid prevention procedures/concerns, I'm not currently comfortable performing in-person score-keeping for the match. Online advance registration would allow me to continue score-keeping duties for the match without being at the match. I don't expect to be at the October match, and am not able to commit to returning by a specific date, but I look forward to being able to return before too long.

I hope this information aids in understanding the situation.

Best,

ac

The stages that Nick gave me for the September match included "Outer Limits". "Final Limit" wasn't included. Nick decided not to use stages that included competitor movement while on the clock ~ five years ago (or more? if he's changed his mind, he hasn't told me), so this September match's scoring discussion/discrepancy was unexpected to me. With the information that I've received from the MD, the scores are correct to the best of my knowledge.

Early this month I encouraged Nick to adopt online advance registration/payment/squadding for the October and near-future matches, and I've offered to perform these functions (still using Nook/Practiscore scoring). I've had a family emergency that hasn't resolved and there are continuing issues that require lots of my time and attention. With these additional family/eldercare responsibilities, and based on associated Covid prevention procedures/concerns, I'm not currently comfortable performing in-person score-keeping for the match. Online advance registration would allow me to continue score-keeping duties for the match without being at the match. I don't expect to be at the October match, and am not able to commit to returning by a specific date, but I look forward to being able to return before too long.

I hope this information aids in understanding the situation.

Best,

ac

Thanks AC, and I hope your healthcare situation resolves itself quickly, and your family member gets back to good health.
Regarding the aforementioned stage, it WAS a moving stage. Nick even tried to explain it in the safety meeting. And the Stage Card at the scoring table for that stage described the movement, and the option to move and score just 3 of 4 strings, or not move and score 4 of 5.
Another member, and SS participant that day, "corrected" the scores based on how they should have been scored, and the final results of the match changed considerably.
Regardless, this one seems to "be in the books" now, so I'm not expecting corrections to be made. Just bringing it to light, as it's frustrating to know that the final results are not reflective of the actual order-of-finish.
Best,
JP

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews