JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It seems that you're suggesting that I'm the reason that Speed Steel matches didn't resume immediately. Sorry, but that's ridiculous - I've never had that authority. I don't decide if a match is held or cancelled - it's way above my pay grade. I'm an assistant that gets to play boss on minor issues that Nick doesn't feel he needs to deal with. Anything significant is brought to him and he decides. I've actually been offering to do Speed Steel registration, etc. on PractiScore since TCGC allowed matches to resume (hint: this is a clue that I haven't been against resuming matches).
We appreciate your help Alex!

Let me say I'm massively in favor of Practiscore registration and payment as has been implemented by Dundee Practical Shooters. I understand PS takes a cut of the payment and if needed - I think we already paid a surcharge on this match - I'd pay that. minimizes money handling and close up interactions especially inside a building like the stat shack.
I'm also in favor of Practiscore, even if it is only to squad. Would make things so much easier. I'd be willing to pay a little more to have Practiscore accept payment if that is what the MD would want to do.

It seems that you're suggesting that I'm the reason that Speed Steel matches didn't resume immediately. Sorry, but that's ridiculous - I've never had that authority. I don't decide if a match is held or cancelled - it's way above my pay grade. I'm an assistant that gets to play boss on minor issues that Nick doesn't feel he needs to deal with. Anything significant is brought to him and he decides. I've actually been offering to do Speed Steel registration, etc. on PractiScore since TCGC allowed matches to resume (hint: this is a clue that I haven't been against resuming matches).
... Additionally (chaotic day - other things demanded my attention)...

I have always been trying to protect TCGC, Speed Steel, and our action shooting disciplines. To defend us against anyone trying to attack us for violations, I encourage that all state and facility policies be followed. On July 15, an Oregon state mandate went into effect (link and link) requiring mask use outside when people weren't physical distanced, and I circulated this information and suggested that this be taken into consideration.
Alex, I PMed you.

I just want to see the continuation of speed steel.

I am willing to help in anyway shape or form.

Covid sucks, having it affect something I enjoy and look forward to on a monthly basis, sucks more.

If you and or Nick need help with anything hit me up.

Alex, I PMed you.

I just want to see the continuation of speed steel.

I am willing to help in anyway shape or form.

Covid sucks, having it affect something I enjoy and look forward to on a monthly basis, sucks more.

If you and or Nick need help with anything hit me up.

Got it and responded. Thank you.

Bummer if you shot the match. Last time I looked, the scores were still not up yet.
Alex was not there so we had to keep score on paper. Nick was going to give them to Alex later to enter by hand. So it's going to take some time. After the way I shot, I would be happy if they never post them!

Ok. Learned stuff, got some ideas for drills and things to practice, made some realizations re better ways to do things when there are options or stage planing. Made some challenging shots. Will keep working hard to improve as much as I can. You know how I am. thanks for asking. I missed being able to shoot idpa with you and betty, they moved Scott and I without asking. We will fix that next time.

Ok. Learned stuff, got some ideas for drills and things to practice, made some realizations re better ways to do things when there are options or stage planing. Made some challenging shots. Will keep working hard to improve as much as I can. You know how I am. thanks for asking. I missed being able to shoot idpa with you and betty, they moved Scott and I without asking. We will fix that next time.
I know! I was disappointed too! They had two RSOs in training on the squad so I guess they had to make room. I'm sure it' won't happen again.

scores are up on practiscore

And apparently they're incorrect...
The "Final Limit" stage was incorrectly scored. This was the stage where you could decide to remain in one shooting box and shoot all 5 strings, with the slowest being thrown out, OR shoot from 2 boxes (moving while the timer was running) and shoot just 4 strings, again with the slowest being thrown out.
However, those of us who chose to shoot 4 strings and move had ALL 4 strings included in the score, affecting our times significantly.
Another Match participant created a spreadsheet with the scores corrected, and it changes the outcome of the match significantly.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top