JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you are at high risk or feel unsafe, please do not join a match at this time. You need to be safe/You own your own safety.

Maybe @NWGlockgal is correct - as shared in the other thread - and these details need not be discussed in a public forum like this thead.

Here's the latest information I have to share:

For our August match, registration will be day-of-match and in-person (although different from our usual procedure), $13 cash, and limited to 70 entries. Consistent with the latest Oregon State and TCGC policies, masks are now required (including outdoors) when people aren't physically distanced, so be prepared to wear a mask (including while shooting, ROing, scorekeeping, socializing, etc.)

Best,

ac

Last Edited:
Here's the latest information I have to share:

For our August match, registration will be day-of-match and in-person (although different from our usual procedure), $13 cash, and limited to 70 entries. Consistent with the latest Oregon State and TCGC policies, masks are now required (including outdoors) when people aren't physically distanced, so be prepared to wear a mask (including while shooting, ROing, scorekeeping, socializing, etc.)

Best,

ac
Thanks Alex!

Great weather - had a good time - if a bit rusty.

See some of you next month.

For those who care, there was not as much face-mask discipline as I expected.

Last Edited:

For those who care, there was not as much face-mask discipline as I expected.

Yes, I was disappointed and uncomfortable. I floated around for a while and saw that almost nobody was wearing a mask and there was very little social distancing.

Participants regularly come to me to help solve issues. I was baffled that so many people (not wearing masks) walked right up to me without any regard for respecting my physical distance (even though I was wearing a mask - a good indicator that I'd appreciate it from others getting close to me). I asked one person who walked up to me to put on a mask if he was going to be close to me. He refused. (?!) That was unexpected. One person was approaching me (not wearing a mask) and I had to gesture for him to stop otherwise he would have entered my space without a mask. There were other events like this.

For those who don't know, I've had two people in my outer circle die of Covid19 (unrelated events, not old people, no underlying health issues), and several get very sick (without hospitalization, again - not old people and no underlying health issues). I also have elderly relatives that I assist with and reducing my risk (and the risk that I bring to others) is important to me.

I got frustrated and left.

Trump says wearing a mask is patriotic.

Last Edited:
I'm grateful there was a match and thank everyone involved. I'm happy to mask up outdoors if that becomes policy or a match requirement. i can put some with my range gear with little problem. I'll watch the supps for future events and will gladly do as required.

once again thank you for giving us a match to shoot.

not that this is the place to discuss covid, but I am a senior citizen with underlying causes. I am at higher risk, but I accept those risks in order to live a some what normal life. However, I also agree with Medusa that if masks are required, I will wear one. At this match we were told they were optional.

At this match we were told they were optional.

I think a lot of shooters took the "optional" as no mask needed.

I am not pointing fingers, just what I saw. As as result, I wore a mask when in the shooters box area - and put it up when someone was close by. I was mask off when I had 6ft - in the heat - and it was pleasant not blistering - had me sweating under the mask quickly.

ORSS the club running speed steel policy is on their web page:
orss.org
" ... masks are now required (including outdoors) when people aren't physically distanced ... "

Tri County policy is .... social distance, or mask if you can't. So, Range Officer should be wearing a mask - you are but inches from the shooter - 3 feet, one arms length, and, you are speaking with a loud clear voice i.e. projecting.

" Given the Governor's mandate of March 23 and pursuant to paragraph 6 of said order, members and staff will maintain a distance of at least six feet from other members and staff. Where Social Distancing is not possible (given TCGC's arm length rule for guests), the Oregon Health Authority recommends the use of face covering (cloth, paper or disposable) that covers the nose and mouth. If you are exhibiting signs of a respiratory illness or have been exposed to someone who has a respiratory illness, or someone who has tested positive for COVID 19, please do not enter the property. The RSO and/or the Operations Manager will enforce Social Distancing Policies pursuant to paragraph 6 of the governor's executive order 20-12. "

Could all the polices be different come September? Sure.

You own your own safety.

Agreed. There are folks in both "camps" with regards to wearing or not wearing said masks. Minds will not be changed and the topic has been beaten to death in other areas on the forum.

Might be best if the mods close this down. Just my.02......

I assume the risk by attending. Having attended other matches, I also assume any risk by doing so.

Why did you assume the risk and not just stay home if you expected certain things?

Others have voiced concerns that individual(s) may be the reasoning behind the lack of this discipline when others have restarted.

I think now it is at least known to as to why this discipline took till now to start back up.

I'll be making my voice heard with TCGC management.

It seems that you're suggesting that I'm the reason that Speed Steel matches didn't resume immediately. Sorry, but that's ridiculous - I've never had that authority. I don't decide if a match is held or cancelled - it's way above my pay grade. I'm an assistant that gets to play boss on minor issues that Nick doesn't feel he needs to deal with. Anything significant is brought to him and he decides. I've actually been offering to do Speed Steel registration, etc. on PractiScore since TCGC allowed matches to resume (hint: this is a clue that I haven't been against resuming matches).

... Additionally (chaotic day - other things demanded my attention)...

I have always been trying to protect TCGC, Speed Steel, and our action shooting disciplines. To defend us against anyone trying to attack us for violations, I encourage that all state and facility policies be followed. On July 15, an Oregon state mandate went into effect (link and link) requiring mask use outside when people weren't physical distanced, and I circulated this information and suggested that this be taken into consideration.

Let me say I'm massively in favor of Practiscore registration and payment as has been implemented by Dundee Practical Shooters. I understand PS takes a cut of the payment and if needed - I think we already paid a surcharge on this match - I'd pay that. minimizes money handling and close up interactions especially inside a building like the stat shack.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top