JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Couple questions for you ladies and gents...
1. If I would like to use one of my HD handguns and it's wearing a light, is that permitted in Limited
2. Who is this MD that I should contact to get a gate code?
3. Do I need to arrange for a mentor/special buddy/observer before Saturday's event?
4. Do holsters need to be OWB?

Thanks to all for fielding my Noob questions!

1. See here: Match Info – ORSS.org and Speed Steel Safety Rules – ORSS.org
I don't see anything that prohibits the use of a weapon mounted light in Limited, but I would politely ask the MD if they have an issue with it. Be prepared to run the match without it though.

2. I will send you a PM with the gate code or you can request it from ac4wordplay.
He is a fellow member here. He is also the Speed Steel head scorekeeper and match concierge extraordinaire! :D

3. More often then not, Meridian and I will offer up our mentoring services to those that are members here and new to Speed Steel. Unfortunately, we have already committed to helping another fellow member out on Sunday. It sounds like @RicInOR has all ready indirectly offered to help mentor you. I would most definitely take him up on it! Also, @NWGlockgal has been known to help newbs out now and then. She's not much of a "chatty Cathy" but will still love her! :p

Not so new a design. G21 SF .45 ACP

20190131_221843.jpg

20190131_221738.jpg

Couple questions for you ladies and gents...
1. If I would like to use one of my HD handguns and it's wearing a light, is that permitted in Limited
2. Who is this MD that I should contact to get a gate code?
3. Do I need to arrange for a mentor/special buddy/observer before Saturday's event?
4. Do holsters need to be OWB?

Thanks to all for fielding my Noob questions!

Others have provided good information, but I'll offer a clarification or two.

A firearm-mounted light isn't strictly prohibited in Limited. If it creates a safety concern coming out of, or going back into, the holster... we'll act upon that safety concern and may request that the light be removed. If it's a light/laser combo then Limited isn't an option and you're either in Open or NFC.

Holsters aren't specifically required to be OWB, but IWB holsters will receive scrutiny regarding location, design, etc., and there's a chance that one may not be allowed. Additionally, a participant's draw technique from an IWB will be scrutinized, and if there are safety concerns it won't be allowed. Not the end of the world (or the end of participation) - this could be addressed by starting stages from low-ready and competing in NFC.

Check PM for a gate code.

Hope this helps.

ac

Others have provided good information, but I'll offer a clarification or two.

A firearm-mounted light isn't strictly prohibited in Limited. If it creates a safety concern coming out of, or going back into, the holster... we'll act upon that safety concern and may request that the light be removed. If it's a light/laser combo then Limited isn't an option and you're either in Open or NFC.

Holsters aren't specifically required to be OWB, but IWB holsters will receive scrutiny regarding location, design, etc., and there's a chance that one may not be allowed. Additionally, a participant's draw technique from an IWB will be scrutinized, and if there are safety concerns it won't be allowed. Not the end of the world (or the end of participation) - this could be addressed by starting stages from low-ready and competing in NFC.

Check PM for a gate code.

Hope this helps.

ac
Thank you for the clarifications. I have a few different setups and am just trying to narrow down what I can run. Thanks again!

I'm thinking I will throwing a quick shade in the jeep to shoot under!
we got 5 or 6 others that want to join in and then we could leave them at each stage for the day?
nice to shoot with a tad less rain dropping down!

we got 5 or 6 others that want to join in and then we could leave them at each stage for the day?

I know there have been some recent informal discussion about it. Maybe we can get it brought up at the safety briefing and see if it gets any traction. I would think we could come up with something.

I like this idea and think Nick would accept it. They will need to be secured so that wind gusts don't toss them around.

At the last practical pistol match they had those rain/shade things on two of the stages. It was nice. Not sure where they came from, but maybe we can borrow them?

Sunday Funday - sprinkles, cool breeze but generally pretty good day for shooting.

Shot with @shooter777 and got to introduce him to @NWGlockgal and had a good time. Thanks to @ac4wordplay getting us connected this morning.

My new glock shot better than me, and other than the targets on bay 2 moving out of the way, I did ok.

Till next month ...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top