JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Speed Steel competition at ARPC on the 25th of October ( Sunday) is open for registration on Practiscore!

Home | PractiScore

it's $10, pay at the match. If you sign up, make sure you squad yourself, and hit "save" at the bottom, gotta make sure you're squadded before registration closes.

If you haven't shot this match before, it's a great intro to competition. 5 steel plates in various configurations, get hits on them as fast as you can, and your time is your score. 5 runs on each stage, worst run gets thrown out.
You can shoot this with a .22 lr pistol, .22 lr rifle, pistol caliber carbine ( generally defined as being a carbine that uses standard straight walled cartridges like 9mm, .45 acp, .40, etc. ) or a pistol or revolver. If you're shooting a handgun in .22lr, you don't need a holster, just a case for the gun so you can bring it to the firing line safely. It's nice to have 5 magazines, but people can load for you if you don't have quite enough.

Registration seemed to work ok for me, once the squadding thing got worked out. If you have any issues, Travis' email is on there. You should be able to bring up Practiscore, and look at the match, and see yourself on a squad. If you can see that, you're good to go.

Looking forward to this, I'm planning to try out a new design of moonclip holder; shooting revolver this time.

Spent all week casting, coating and sizing bullets... Got to ladder test the new load, today, and it is rather nice! Loaded up a few hundred, and put it all in the clips, should be all set for tomorrow.

Best of luck, everyone, and see you all in the bright and early!

Darn! Too late to participate, plans already!!!
Maybe if I finish my chores I'll swing through and observe!

Not a fan of the Halloween plates. Having said that, I do enjoy the constant variety that Ramiro and team come up with from month to month. I was hoping to do a little better than I did, with .22 pistol (RFPO). Gotta bring your A game when you're shooting in the same division as @NWGlockgal.

Considering how much trouble the odd shaped plates were giving me, I managed to do extremely well in RFRO. Overall, the day turned out pretty nice. Actually peeled of my jacket for a few stages. That sun sure felt good! :)

Having committed to running only the revolver until next October, it feels almost like starting over. My times were reminiscent of 2 years ago, when I first started shooting in competitions with the .22 pistol. Gonna have to brainstorm a bit and come up with training ideas to 1. get more accurate, 2. develop a faster reload, and 3. get smoother and faster, overall. The next Speed Steel in November will likely be my only match that month, as my current plan is to back way off on matches through the winter, and work on equipment and training.

Not a fan of the Halloween plates. Having said that, I do enjoy the constant variety that Ramiro and team come up with from month to month. I was hoping to do a little better than I did, with .22 pistol (RFPO). Gotta bring your A game when you're shooting in the same division as @NWGlockgal.

Considering how much trouble the odd shaped plates were giving me, I managed to do extremely well in RFRO. Overall, the day turned out pretty nice. Actually peeled of my jacket for a few stages. That sun sure felt good! :)
I liked the Halloween plates, but they sure made it challenging. I think that was the fastest match ever, low turn out. I didn't see you guys there, I thought you decided to stay home and stay warm! Great job with the rifle!

I liked the Halloween plates, but they sure made it challenging. I think that was the fastest match ever, low turn out. I didn't see you guys there, I thought you decided to stay home and stay warm! Great job with the rifle!

The other two were cold and hiding out in the car! We did catch a glimpse of you as we were headed to our starting bay though.

IF we become 'more accurate' WHY would we need to proceed to #2?
Always best to have a "plan "B" " in case things don't go smoothly. Also, Speed Steel isn't the only competition I shoot... USPSA and the monthly benefit steel match at Izaak Walton are both guaranteed to require reloads. The last match I shot with the EPS folks, there was a stage called " the Sea of Steel"... 25 falling steel targets. My p320 mags for that day held 21. With a sixgun, that stage might take a little while.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top